Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
He hasn't pimped me out. I didnt even go to the party that he invited me to. And how doesnt he respect me or treats me like a *****? Because of the dick jokes???? He's never made them directly about me.... I do have pride and self respect. I don't have sex with him or do anything sexual with him at all. And like I said I now know to take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Wow. You just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wow. You just don't get it.
I don't.., I don't see how I was pimped out or being treated like a *****.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
It shows how desensitized you are, or how few gentlemen you've been around, that you don't understand why just the sucking d*ck comments are bad.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
I don't.., I don't see how I was pimped out or being treated like a *****.
I'm sorry for you, then.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It shows how desensitized you are, or how few gentlemen you've been around, that you don't understand why just the sucking d*ck comments are bad.
LOL. I guess that's a good point. All the guys I've dated, or been in a relationship with have been a little crude like that, honestly.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:28 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Quote:
If a friend of the opposite sex said the following to you:

"You're a mess... You drive me nuts and I shake my head at the things you do constantly but I would never want you to change"

And,

"I really miss you... Our relationship is funny, it reminds me of a movie, I can't think of the name though."
When you question them about it, he/she says:"of course I care about you... Etc"

He/she then invites you out to a party to meet his/her friends and asks you to dress sexy.
And yet the few times you hung out with them in the past you never got a "feel" that he/she cared about u in anyway(romantic or otherwise). And you even saw that he/she was playing the field. So you kept things friendly.

Based on the comments this person made, that I described above, and the fact that you two are friends,

Would you think that this person is being genuine and might care about you romantically or would you just assume it was a friend letting you know that he/she appreciates your friendship?
What kind of friend sends mixed messages? What kind of friendship is this when it's clearly not platonic?

Maybe he truly sees you as a friend. "I care for you a lot"... as a human being/"friend."

But telling you to dress sexy, and leaving you hanging? Nuh-uh. Not cool.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 PM

12,965 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
LOL. I guess that's a good point. All the guys I've dated, or been in a relationship with have been a little crude like that, honestly.
Because this is something you are allowing to happen to you, perhaps its something about your demeanor that attracts guys like this. also, your friend or guys in general may see you as a person with great potentials if only you get it together. you don't have quite what it takes to be a full time love interest and I think they see a girl who can be very hot if only she do this or that. so in the mean time, they want to keep the friend status just incase that hot girl decide to come out one day all polished up. The minute he stops seeing you as that hot mess and start seeing you as that hot chick, everything will change.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:25 PM

12,965 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the responses. I had figured it was friendly enough but was just curious. The texts that he sent were completely random and out of nowhere. I had no idea why he even sent them to be honest.

Only reasons i can think of is that the day before I told him I was getting a makeover and he was acting weird about it and asking me why. Then I asked him if he could tell me the most annoying things i do so that I can work on myself because I plan to start trying to actively date in a couple of months but wanted to work on the qualities that I think a guy might find annoying. So he told me the things that he felt I did that were annoying to him. He said he hates when I send him super long messages because he doesn't feel like reading them, he hates how emotional I get about things, and he doesn't like when I constantly ask him for advice on dating or on guys.

But like I said he sent me that message about not changing anything a day later(yesterday night). And it was random.
because he know if you get that makeover that's it for him, some guy will want you as his full time girl friend and most likely the end of his relationship as it is today.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
What kind of friend sends mixed messages? What kind of friendship is this when it's clearly not platonic?

Maybe he truly sees you as a friend. "I care for you a lot"... as a human being/"friend."

He didnt leave me hanging. I was not able to go to the party so technically I left him hanging. And I agree it isn't platonic. There is flirting, teasing and I know for a fact he used to like me. I also believe he is still attracted to me. But whether he likes me now as more than a friend or likes me romantically is what I was trying to decipher from the text. It can be interpreted several ways. He always says the phrase: "your a mess" it's a phrase he uses to say "your a trip" or "your sooo crazy etc" it's one of his most commonly used phrases that he's used on a variety of people whenever they've done something he thinks is silly, bold, funny , or crazy,

So that part of the text I've ignored for interpretation. The part, however, that I was curious about was the rest. And I probably should have made that clear in he op...

Last edited by Faith2187; 01-07-2014 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
because he know if you get that makeover that's it for him, some guy will want you as his full time girl friend and most likely the end of his relationship as it is today.
I already get plenty of attention from men and he knows it. So I doubt that's it. Not to toot my horn but I know I'm attractive and get hit on by men all the time. I know that im considered a very atttactive girl amongst my type. My personality however is intense and I believe it's what makes it difficult for me to retain anything with men. Or at least with the last few men I've dated... With him I'm not sure. I mean he's obviously saying in the text that he likes me just the way I am. But i don't know if its a friendship like, a romantic like etc. and what his reasons were for sending it so randomly.

Last edited by Faith2187; 01-07-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships