Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:40 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,392,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
If you present a low-quality profile, you will get low-quality guys. If she were to write up a really intelligent and coherent profile, the messages would be quite different and would attract higher quality men.

??? But men who present a low-quality profile don't get low-quality women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 07:11 PM

148 posts, read 291,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? But men who present a low-quality profile don't get low-quality women.
Really? Well I only paid attention to guys who obviously had their entire lives together and were serious, intelligent, employed etc.
Dating someone unbelievably hot who has a loser job or never finished college is not somewhere I'm willing to go (and I've tried it).

Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 PM

541 posts, read 859,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Thought y'all would enjoy this:

4 Things I Learned...

I got a good laugh out of it.
I totally get why she got responses, despite her thinking she had the worst online dating profile ever. She used a model's pictures. She said in her bio she was thin, female, drinks and diets. Guys, perverts or not would be interested in that, even if she gave ridiculous answers to questions. Even if all the respondents only wanted sex, they assume she's a hot model which makes them think their not getting a fat chick. Not seeing her proving her point at all.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:57 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,355,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That was just horrifying. And I totally believe it. When you are in your 50s and regularly getting messages from 21 year olds that just say "Are you DTF?" you would not doubt it.

It is funny that so many guys are envious that women get more messages in online dating. They need to read this.
What's DTF?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
What's DTF?
"down to f**k"

Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,889 times
Quote:

4 Things I Learned...

Semi-entertaining, but if she had truly wanted to create a profile that no one would respond to (which was her claimed objective) she would have used unattractive photos. All she really did is prove that some people will overlook many faults to try to hook up with an extremely attractive person, which we already knew.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,352,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
If you present a low-quality profile, you will get low-quality guys. If she were to write up a really intelligent and coherent profile, the messages would be quite different and would attract higher quality men.
Precisely.

I very rarely ever received messaged like that. Actually, I can count on one hand how many would blatantly mention sex in their first message, and both were around 20 and 21.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,352,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
That is so hilarious! But to be honest, you really can't expect much from OKC. The guys on there are really something else.
I haven't really experienced much in the way of dochebaggery and a$$hattery on OKC. The vast majority of my interactions have been with "high quality" individuals. Even if they weren't exactly my type or we weren't completely compatible, many were nice and well meaning gentlemen.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,439,512 times
Quote:

4 Things I Learned...

I didn't read the whole thing, it got pretty stupid. The worst online profile would have included photos of a VERY ugly woman, not some cute thing that any guy will jump on no matter what her personality it. It should be someone in their 40's or 50's with like 9 kids still at home, all different fathers, and 5 ex's. She shouldn't live off of rich parents, she should live off of welfare. She should be in and out of rehab and not quite herself lately because she is off her meds. She should live in a single-wide trailer and have no car. Now that's a profile.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,872,263 times
Quote:
Precisely.

I very rarely ever received messaged like that. Actually, I can count on one hand how many would blatantly mention sex in their first message, and both were around 20 and 21.

She gets those kind of messages because people have 0 respect for an idiot like that.

Her profile isn't proving that women like that get respect. It's proving exactly the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships