U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM

408 posts, read 624,781 times

Advertisements

I'm 26 yrs old and moving to a new city looking for a fresh start. The thing is though I'm looking for a fresh start in my social life. Unfortunately I haven't really had one. I went to a few parties in college but I never really hooked up with anyone. Indeed I'm a virgin. I hear of people who were in college and partied, hooked up with many girls and just had a good time and I can't really say the same for myself. I've only been to a handful of parties in my life.

So I guess the question is is there any way to make up for it? Or should I just get over it and be an adult? Most people my age now are married or have kids or are looking for a serious relationship. I kinda feel weird still being in the " I want to bang that hot girl" phase. Any tips?

I do feel a little frustrated that so many people have experienced it and moved on (indeed probably don't even remember their hookups) and for me hooking up with girls is like rocket science.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 AM

148 posts, read 253,654 times
No you're not "too old." Just don't tell girls that you're a virgin and go for it. I recommend finding drunk girls at bars lol.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 9,687,825 times
26 and still a virgin isn't all that bad actually, I've met plenty of chicks that were still Vs at 26.

You have to realize though, just because you are new to a new area it will NOT change who you are as a person...only you can do that. Good luck, now get out there and be somebody.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,598,349 times
Find some sleeze at a bar and get it. Just be prepared for her to not call you back.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 AM

90,473 posts, read 86,542,278 times
The mid-20's are prime party time! You need to find a circle of friends that are into that.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM

9,131 posts, read 17,334,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I'm 26 yrs old and moving to a new city looking for a fresh start. The thing is though I'm looking for a fresh start in my social life. Unfortunately I haven't really had one. I went to a few parties in college but I never really hooked up with anyone. Indeed I'm a virgin. I hear of people who were in college and partied, hooked up with many girls and just had a good time and I can't really say the same for myself. I've only been to a handful of parties in my life.

So I guess the question is is there any way to make up for it? Or should I just get over it and be an adult? Most people my age now are married or have kids or are looking for a serious relationship. I kinda feel weird still being in the " I want to bang that hot girl" phase. Any tips?

I do feel a little frustrated that so many people have experienced it and moved on (indeed probably don't even remember their hookups) and for me hooking up with girls is like rocket science.
Really? Your a virgin at 26, and do not sound like a wild party animal by any stretch.

So are you sure you really know yourself? Are you, and have you ever really wanted to be part of a "hook up" scene?

Even now, your post even seems on the fence about whether you really want to or not, other than you sound like you feel you should.

Do not feel you need to have a lot of hook ups because some other people have. If that is not who you really want to be, then do not be that guy. Start to date and develop some quality relationships.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM

10,675 posts, read 22,129,897 times
Quote:

Even old men want to bang hot girls. You just need to figure out how to get a woman, period.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 AM

25,949 posts, read 28,333,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Really? Your a virgin at 26, and do not sound like a wild party animal by any stretch.

So are you sure you really know yourself? Are you, and have you ever really wanted to be part of a "hook up" scene?

Even now, your post even seems on the fence about whether you really want to or not, other than you sound like you feel you should.

Do not feel you need to have a lot of hook ups because some other people have. If that is not who you really want to be, then do not be that guy. Start to date and develop some quality relationships.
Agreed. Just do you. Not everyone goes through a party/hookup/casual sex phase, despite what popular culture likes to tell us. Do stuff that makes you happy, and the rest will fall into place. Sure, you won't be banging a new chick every weekend, but it doesn't sound like that's what you want in the first place.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 AM

35,103 posts, read 45,915,485 times
Quote:

Too old to hook up to what? Iron Lung? Oxygen? the strap on the wheel chair so you don't fall out and you are whining your way down the hall of the home?

Seriously, live your life and let it ebb and flow like life does. There is no hard fast rule that says you have to be a non virgin by the time you are 12 or 20 or 27 or (insert age here).
Amazingly enough college is supposed to be for learning not paying thousands of dollars to have one big four year long party. You can do that at home without tuition for a lot less cost.

If you are an adult then act like an adult not some hormone overloaded frat boy. Step out of your comfort zone and start a conversation with someone. If they don't respond favorably then move on to the next one. Not everyone is going to like you and you are not going to like everyone so deal with it.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:59 AM

3,654 posts, read 4,297,427 times
Quote:

So I guess the question is is there any way to make up for it? Or should I just get over it and be an adult?
Two words: Las Vegas!

Take a week either by yourself or with a friend and live it up Vegas style. You'll find out if your to old to hook up or party.

Seriously, just be confident about yourself and things will take care of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships