Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it's weird that I'm 18 and NEVER had a girlfriend, AT ALL?
Yes 1 4.17%
No 23 95.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times

Advertisements

OP, you are really weird. You should have had at least three girlfriends by the age of 12 and lost your virginity by 15. You are way behind. But don't feel too bad, you could just be a "late bloomer"!!

(sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was one of the most popular guys in my high school and had all the biggest parties and still never had a serious relationship in high school. Never cared to waste my time with that crap. Then I got out of high school and got into some serious relationships in my early 20s and realized just how pointless it is.

Enjoy your time being young, have fun and don't worry about spending your time with just one girl.
I had a lot of friends and a great time in high school. But I did not have my first serious relationship until I was a junior in college. None of my friends had bfs/gfs in high school either. As I recall, that was seen as kind of limiting. Too much hassle related to jealousy and too much work to maintain a relationship when we had so much schoolwork, sports, extracurriculars and underage drinking to do!

Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
No--I am in your shoes and I am 21 years old.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM

746 posts, read 866,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was one of the most popular guys in my high school and had all the biggest parties and still never had a serious relationship in high school. Never cared to waste my time with that crap. Then I got out of high school and got into some serious relationships in my early 20s and realized just how pointless it is.

Enjoy your time being young, have fun and don't worry about spending your time with just one girl.
I haven't been with ANY girl!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I haven't been with ANY girl!
Well, that's not so uncommon, but if you are unhappy about it, only YOU can do anything to change it.

So get busy.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 PM

I don't really see the point in any relationship that has no chances of going anywhere. I'd be sad knowing she's just gonna leave me. Maybe I'm scared of that because I used to have a group of 5-6 friends and now I have none of them. It was nice having people who liked to hang out with me outside of school and include me in things and actually want me around. Now they're all gone.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I do t really see the point in any relationship that has no chances of going anywhere. I'd be sad knowing she's just gonna leave me.
Great! Problem solved

You don't "see the point" of relationships, AND you are not in one - sounds like a win win.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Great! Problem solved

You don't "see the point" of relationships, AND you are not in one - sounds like a win win.
No! I don't see the point in NON SERIOUS relationships. Relationships that don't even have potential to lead to falling in love. Like if the plan was to be a couple but break up eventually, I think that'd be pointless. Why be with someone that you don't even care about?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
No! I don't see the point in NON SERIOUS relationships. Relationships that don't even have potential to lead to falling in love.
Well, I hate to break it to ya, but before a relationship can ever become serious, it has to start out as NON-serious.

You don't go from meeting someone to serious without a lot of stuff in between.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, I hate to break it to ya, but before a relationship can ever become serious, it has to start out as NON-serious.

You don't go from meeting someone to serious without a lot of stuff in between.
Here's what I consider non serious dating and serious dating.

Non serious: just want to have fun and don't care to get close, not necessarily bed buddies. Just going out for the sake of going out, not to get to know each other well. Not taking it serious, as in thinking you two dating is a joke and means nothing to you. The couple may even be planning when to break up, or have a limited time before one or the other has to move or something, with no intentions to even try to get back together.

Serious: interested in getting to know each other. Care about each other, enjoys being together. There for each others problems. Dating because they like each other. The relationship has potential of causing the two to fall in love.

So if you were dating someone because you enjoyed being with them, but wasn't thinking of getting married and etc., I'd say that's a serious relationship because you aren't dating just to play around. When you say things are getting serious, like when someone's getting ready to propose, that is a more serious type of serious, I can't think of a better way to say that lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships