Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it's weird that I'm 18 and NEVER had a girlfriend, AT ALL?
Yes 1 4.17%
No 23 95.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 PM

746 posts, read 866,042 times

Advertisements

I've NEVER had one, not even a non serious relationship! No flirty comments from any girls or anything. Except a nasty girl who already had a boyfriend, I did not accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Not uncommon, let alone weird.

High schools are full of guys not named Peter who have never had a gf. Even a majority maybe.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM

n/a posts
yes. you're doomed, i'm sorry to say. if at 18 you haven't been in a serious, long term relationship....just give up. might as well get a dog, a couple cats and shack yourself up in nowheretown, usa...as your time has come and gone. what were you doing? why did you waste your one and only shot at a relationship by not finding someone before the age of 18? you had 18 years! what? you spent them at your mommy's house...eating her food, wearing the clothes she bought for you? well, now you get to suffer the consequences...

Old 01-07-2014, 01:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I've NEVER had one, not even a non serious relationship! No flirty comments from any girls or anything. Except a nasty girl who already had a boyfriend, I did not accept.

I was one of the most popular guys in my high school and had all the biggest parties and still never had a serious relationship in high school. Never cared to waste my time with that crap. Then I got out of high school and got into some serious relationships in my early 20s and realized just how pointless it is.

Enjoy your time being young, have fun and don't worry about spending your time with just one girl.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:

Nope. Not weird.

But, you clearly think it is weird, or you wouldn't keep starting threads about it.

Go out and find a girl to date if you feel like you need one. It doesn't have to be a serious relationship, yanno?

Old 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
20 years ago, I'd say not weird, but not exactly the norm. Then again, in highschool in any decade there are late bloomers. In today's day and age and from what I've read and seen on C-D, welcome home! You're in the right place!

There are literally tons of guys twice your age who have never had sex. I didn't think that there were that many until I joined this site. At your age, you have nothing to feel ashamed of. If anything you got about a twenty year advantage to work with. If nothing happens in twenty years come back and some of these same guys will still be here having the same problems.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Dude, join the human race! You're not the only one.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:15 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,599 times
Little different situation but my buddy didn't have a girlfriend till he was 25. But he's slept with well over a 100 women. Still, no real relationships. Don't really envy that part but for real women can't help themselves around him.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 PM

398 posts, read 618,492 times
No worries...have fun. Keep your nose clean. Be polite to others. It all works out.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I was one of the most popular guys in my high school and had all the biggest parties and still never had a serious relationship in high school. Never cared to waste my time with that crap. Then I got out of high school and got into some serious relationships in my early 20s and realized just how pointless it is.

Enjoy your time being young, have fun and don't worry about spending your time with just one girl.
I feel ya here. To be honest, I wish I would have stayed single all through high school and college, though I spent the majority of the time single.

At this point though, going from new girl to new girl is kind of getting old. Once you've had over whatever number is it for you, it kind of gets boring not having a solid relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships