Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:59 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

I'm more curious why her butt crack was showing? was she not wearing underwear? junk too big for her jeans? did cousin john pulled her pants down a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's more weird than anything. I can't really picture how she was positioned.

Why did he not move her????

It sounds like she was on something.
That's what I was thinking. Seems he thinks it's perfectly OK.

In fact, after the sleeping incident, while she was sitting on his lap at the dining table , he told us about the last time she was in town. She couldn't sleep. So, he motioned her over to come sit on his lap and lie on his shoulder on the couch. She fell right to sleep. He said it like it was just too cute. No one, other than his mother, was amused. Mary wasn't even aware of this. She asked him, "Where was I?" Mary was out of town visiting her mother. The look on her face, it was just painful to watch. She was so embarrassed. At this point everyone was on pins and needles. And John was just oblivious to it all. Or pretending to be.

As far as I could tell, the cousin was sober. Just tired from the drive. She had to work that day and drive 4 hours here. John was sober.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Extremely strange. Kinda "ew".

What was the aftermath, do you know? Did the cuz & bf break up? How are John and Mary doing? Mary didn't go into the living room for the entire duration of the first movie? Really?? The whole scene sounds a little strange."
They are all still together. I don't know if Mary said anything afterwards.

She was pretty upset after what she saw. She left and went to the store, was gone about 30 minutes. She came back and the cousin was still laying on him and she just retreated back to the kitchen. She didn't want to call him out in front of anyone, and talking to him privately was risky at best. He's kind of a douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Inappropriate, of course. I could see excusing herself for a nap in a bedroom (up all night, blood sugar crashed, took Benadryl, whatever) if she was by herself at a family party. She was with a guest and should have asked him to take her home if she could not stay awake. Anybody could doze off, but that's when you wake up and have some caffeine or food or something.

Nobody wants to see what you look like sleeping, and they especially don't want to look at your buttcrack.
My thoughts, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post

Even if John and the cousin were close and have visited frequently, imo, that is still inappropriate.
I agree. I just wanted to give as much info as possible about the circumstances.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Everything about that is super weird.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Based on Mary's reaction, I'd say she and John have had problems over this in the past.

Either he's incredibly clueless or a predator, and Mary is aware of some kind of history.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I'd say it must have been a very sturdy and comfortable chair.

I need to get me one of those.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, this is the weirdest, and in view of poor Mary's reaction, the saddest story! And it's even WEIRDER that after the episode in front of the TV, this cousin sat on John's lap AT THE DINNER TABLE! What???!!!! WTF??!! By then, all the guests must've been totally weirded out, right? I mean, who wants to watch something like that? Were John & Co. secretly getting off on being public like that? WTH?!!

Why does Mary stick around? It's pretty humiliating for her, really. I'm surprised she's not out of there.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Does John have a history of being a supercreep outside of these interactions with this person? What are the circumstances of this person, having not been a part of anybody's life, suddenly coming onto the scene and behaving bizarrely? Is this person a cousin, or a "cousin?" So much about this is just super weird.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I'm surprised one of the older aunts wasn't all over this.
Mine would have been over there kicking the chair asking if everybody was OK.
Nobody be sleeping like that around our house.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:09 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
OMG! So creepy... I wonder what else has been going on between them.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
If I was Mary I would have kicked his ass and thrown her skanky ass out! That is totally inappropriate and I would not have put up with it. She ended up looking worse infront of people for allowing it to happen..........I'm really shocked at this if it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships