Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 AM

11,756 posts, read 11,946,202 times

Advertisements

If you haven't asked anyone out, that's why you're not getting dates.

You are your own worst enemy. You make assumptions about what they're thinking of you:

Quote:
I haven't felt like they are attracted to me
And talking to women but not directly asking them out is not
Quote:
essentially being rejected
either.

You're not afraid to talk to girls so no, there's nothing wrong with asking someone out that you don't already know well. Back in the olden days of the late 80s, we didn't hang out like that. If someone wanted to go on a date, they asked for one, and the whole purpose of the date was to get to know that person and see if there was anything there worth building on. Nowadays, people seem to want to get to know the person before seeing if it is worth going on a date, and yet, by the time they know them, they often don't feel any attraction because they established a friendship and don't see the person "that way".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,815,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey92 View Post
Hey I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get a GF let alone a date! ( I haven't asked any girls and been denied but I haven't felt like they are attracted to me..)
I wouldn't call my self "outgoing" but I do like to go to parties/bars/sporting events on weekends and have a good time. I am pretty busy with working 20-30 hours a week and enrolled in full time classes but so is everyone. I'm on the hockey team and have a good group of friends who all find GF's and I'm starting to get irritated its been 3 years since I've had a GF
I'm not trying to brag but I'm not ugly and I have a bright future but all the girls seem to be attracted to the full-on jocks or the international students
I'm obviously desperate for some pointers if I'm resorting to the internet.....
What can i do !?

Jocks? Seriously? I doubt you're even in college.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,084,024 times
Bongs, blow, blunts and beer.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:40 PM

152 posts, read 385,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Simply start asking girls out. Ask the ones you know and like first. No big deal. All you need to do is pay attention to the ones in your study groups, cute friends of other guys' gf's, girls you see regularly in the dining hall, etc. Just ask girls who talk to you on a regular basis. Invite them to go with you to some free university activity like a concert, performance, movie, or other sporting event. It should be easy.

And if you're afraid to be turned down, buy an extra soda or candy bar when you go to the snack machine. Give it to the most likely looking girl in your class. Try to pick one who sits nearby who you've made eye contact with. And if you're really, really scared; just put whatever snack on her desk and don't say anything. Then go back to your seat. If she says thanks, then smile at her. If she says nothing or refuses to accept it, then you only wasted a dollar.

Ideally you only want to do nice things for girls who seem to have good manners, because they're less likely to be weirded out.
Thanks for all the pointers everyone, yea i just need to make more of an effort/make more time for my social life (without falling behind in my workload) and be friendly/start conversation with her more. Not sure I'll resort to buying her a candy bar and leaving it on her desk but I'm just going to go for it and the worste that can happen is a NO.

Yea i guess suprisingly enough at the school I'm at in Boston there are LOTS of foreign students so maybe they just meet other foreign girls. Maybe where you were there wasn't alot of diversity..?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM

11,366 posts, read 24,327,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey92 View Post
Thanks for all the pointers everyone, yea i just need to make more of an effort/make more time for my social life (without falling behind in my workload) and be friendly/start conversation with her more. Not sure I'll resort to buying her a candy bar and leaving it on her desk but I'm just going to go for it and the worste that can happen is a NO.

Yea i guess suprisingly enough at the school I'm at in Boston there are LOTS of foreign students so maybe they just meet other foreign girls. Maybe where you were there wasn't alot of diversity..?
Well, I like it when someone brings me a treat. My husband buys me all kinds of thoughtful items like that because he knows it works.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:30 PM

102,067 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Here's what some college women want in a guy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949;
I want a guy who's kind to the bone.

I want a guy who's honest.

I want a guy who loves his family and treats people right.

I want a guy with a warm smile.

He doesn't have to look like a model or act like a macho man. He's gotta be real. Genuine. Sincere, and shares an outlook on life many people do not have- which is, he values things that are here today because they can be gone tomorrow. And, it's so easy for people to toss other people around these days like yesterday's garbage. So I want a man who cherishes what he has, appreciates life, and honors those rich or poor.

A kind heart. Really? Am I really picky or asking for too much? Shnaps!

Old 01-09-2014, 08:22 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,877,222 times
I'm not sure what the problem is really.

You will have plenty of time to get with a gal for a serious relationship.

You don't need drama of trying to study AND take your lady out and spend time with her.

Chilax it's gunna come later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships