Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM

112 posts, read 118,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Snip. Orphaned.

And JJ, it's not always that apparent. Yes, there are those types that are easily identifiable, but there are plenty of men who appear to be decent, yet know exactly what to say to get a woman in bed. Outright lies. It's much more common than you'd think.

Mod cut: Orphaned.

Like I said, there are easy ways to subvert the liars and players.

As to the second part of your post, have you ever heard the saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:44 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 01:03 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,617,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Snip. Orphaned. Like I said, there are easy ways to subvert the liars and players.

As to the second part of your post, have you ever heard the saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Mod snip. Orphaned. I simply call bs where it's due.

Yes, the second quote would apply if it were the same person screwing you over. It doesn't apply for multiple men. If they lie to a woman to get her in bed, and then dump her, I'm failing to see how the deception is chiefly the woman's fault.

Don't forget, men (and women too) sometimes portray very different sides of themselves to buddies vs potential dates, so while it may be obvious to you that some guy you know is a player, he's likely figured out how to come across innocent and kind to a woman.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:46 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 01:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,847,563 times
Quote:
Snip. Orphaned.
And JJ, it's not always that apparent. Yes, there are those types that are easily identifiable, but there are plenty of men who appear to be decent, yet know exactly what to say to get a woman in bed. Outright lies. It's much more common than you'd think.
It's easy.

If you look within your social circle, you can identify the guys who if they were heard to be cheaters or dog women out, you'd be like "No way! Not him."

I mean I could name 10 guys off the top of my head who wouldn't dog women out. Most of them can't. But that's not the point.

I will admit. Attractive, desirable guys who fit that profile are in short supply, but still, you take that risk.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:47 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,791,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It is extremely common for women to mention in online dating ads that they don't want game players...that they are sick and tired of the games. Yet they don't define what these games are. Could someone here give some specific examples?

Games are pretty much "behaving in a counterintuitive manner to achieve an objective". An example would be the "wait 3 days to call" rule, that one in particular drives women MAD (in a bad way). The guy may think, "I'd like to call her, but if I do, she'll think I'm overanxious"...blah blah blah. This is counterintuitive to his normal behavior, but it has a purpose...expecting to change her behavior/reaction based on when you call. That's a game.

In my experience, the women that are the most adamant about "not wanting a game player" are the ones who play the most games, but are upset that they didn't work.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Snip. Orphaned.

Yes, the second quote would apply if it were the same person screwing you over. It doesn't apply for multiple men. If they lie to a woman to get her in bed, and then dump her, I'm failing to see how the deception is chiefly the woman's fault.

Don't forget, men (and women too) sometimes portray very different sides of themselves to buddies vs potential dates, so while it may be obvious to you that some guy you know is a player, he's likely figured out how to come across innocent and kind to a woman.
Yep, I've seen it a LOT, and it hasn't been with the most attractive, desirable men either. My ex, for instance. He wasn't very attractive and he was a nerdy introvert which is why we got along. Turns out, dating me gave him the confidence to go after what he really wanted and he cheated on me. People were SHOCKED because he 'didn't seem the type'. So there's that.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:51 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

The subject of this post, by my interpretation, is the "hit it and quit it" types. That's easy to defend against.

Make him wait.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:52 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 02:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Snip. Orphaned. The subject of this post, by my interpretation, is the "hit it and quit it" types. That's easy to defend against.

Make him wait.
Really? Because I've had friends who made guys 'wait' and they were out screwing other women while waiting for her to give it up. Then, they disappeared afterwards.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2014 at 02:53 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 02:18 PM

But as to the topic of this post, whenever I've read online dating ads and CL or whatever, when a woman has some variation of "not looking for games," it's an immediate NEXT!!!!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,847,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep, I've seen it a LOT, and it hasn't been with the most attractive, desirable men either. My ex, for instance. He wasn't very attractive and he was a nerdy introvert which is why we got along. Turns out, dating me gave him the confidence to go after what he really wanted and he cheated on me. People were SHOCKED because he 'didn't seem the type'. So there's that.
Yea, you can still usually tell who those guys are though.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,192,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It is extremely common for women to mention in online dating ads that they don't want game players...that they are sick and tired of the games. Yet they don't define what these games are. Could someone here give some specific examples?

The great irony is that those women are usually too stupid to know when they're being played, which is why they've gotten played often enough to complain about it on a dating profile.

The first rule of dating profiles is: Be positive. The moment you complain about being "sick and tired" of either games or drama, that paints you as a person who has lousy character judgment, because obviously your past partners have gotten one over on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.