Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:22 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times

Advertisements

Yes, only after he was born and my actual numbers are very close to your example...I'm 5'8", she's 4'11". I plugged our heights into some online estimators and they said my first son will be 5'3"-5'5". It don't mean nothing as my son just turned 15 and is 5'10".

Old 01-12-2014, 08:24 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
People should be blessed their kid/children come out healthy, and not worry if they're going to be a specific height for dating purposes later in their future

Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Wonder if my mom married my dad for his families beard growing qualities.

My beard right now, it's a thing of beauty. Or hideously ugly looking, if you're a woman.
Oh knock it off. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
People should be blessed their kid/children come out healthy, and not worry if they're going to be a specific height for dating purposes later in their future
Yes, exactly.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
My reproductive organs are shut down. However, I guess long ago when my ex and I married it was something I considered. Actually, I tended to prefer men to have similar features to my own or have very symmetrical features. I preferred my height or taller as I did want tallish kids.

I'm 5'9.5" and my ex is 5'10". Our kids are tall for their age. They always have been.

There isn't a man in my family that is shorter than 6 ft. They are between 6' and 6'6". And I think the shortest of my first female cousins, still in high school, is 5'8".

Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I know it seems superficial to our modern sensibilities, but evolutionary psychology tells us that we choose mates on the basis of health.etc, and height is generally a sign of that. The whole women preferring tall men has been done to death. Of course, in nature it seems that females do most of the choosing but males definitely do choose females to some extent. Especially in a monogamous society, a male would also, consciously or not, look for a female with good traits, fertility, beauty/health.etc...

So some women want to have children with a taller male for their children, but what about vice versa? If you are say, a 5'7" guy, would you ever think to yourself 'if I go with that 4'11" woman my children are likely going to be shorter than me.' Or if you were 6 feet, and your wife was 5 feet, your son might only be say 5'6" or something. I KNOW it doesn't ALWAYS work like that but come on, it usually does.

Anyway, yeah I'm sure wondering if males ever think that way. I'm not saying that I care that much how tall my kid is, but some people do at least a bit...I mean being tall doesn't make you a better person, of course, or even genetically better, but I guess there would be something cool about a son or daughter on the tall side. I mean a son at least taller than myself, but again, it doesn't mean I'd like him more or anything. I hope this doesn't come off as too shallow but I'm sure some people at least think about this stuff. I mean women do, but how often have men realised that height is controlled by both the male's and female's side?

I think they need to study up on their genetics if they think that choosing a tall partner is equal to having tall kids.

And... by the way?

No more height threads. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships