Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 08:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Big deadline at work. Then go home and catch up on sleep.
Love those houses in your profile pic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Rocking out to some Kings of Leon because her sex is on fire!

Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Ok, we're quickly approaching Red-Pink-and-way-too-much-Chocolate Day!

What are your Valentine's Day plans? Are you taking your sweetie to a special restaurant, or away for the weekend to a Bed and Breakfast?

Is anyone popping The Big Question this year?

Or how about doing something thrilling, like skydiving?
I'm getting a divorce.

But I'm treating my kids to a weekend at an indoor water park!!

Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 AM

639 posts, read 678,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Ok, we're quickly approaching Red-Pink-and-way-too-much-Chocolate Day!

What are your Valentine's Day plans? Are you taking your sweetie to a special restaurant, or away for the weekend to a Bed and Breakfast?

Is anyone popping The Big Question this year?

Or how about doing something thrilling, like skydiving?
I think you are very excited about this days. if you have a partner the you can enjoys the days. you can also planing to do something new and different its all depends on us.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
This Valentine's day will be our 19th wedding anniversary. My parents got married on Valentine's day too, so I followed their lead as they were married for 50 years before my dad passed.

Anyway, we never go out on V-day anymore after sitting through countless lousy meals at inflated prices. Usually, we'll go out the night after or the following weekend to celebrate when things are back to normal.

I am off every other Friday and just discovered that I am off next Friday; I think I'll take my lady out for a nice lunch to celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss.
Its the anti-versary of my first marriage also. He passed away and I use to go pour a beer on his grave but I don't do that anymore.

Valentine's day is for lovers. I don't have one so see no reason to celebrate the day. I usually buy some chocolate for my grandkids tho.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:37 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,847,824 times
I have a car meet on the 15th that begins at 10 AM. They already know I won't get there until at least 2 PM.

If I'm single, I'm going to drown my sorrows with a case of Franzia, and I'm not going to get there until at least 2 PM.

If I find a date, I'm going to spend the night with her. And I'm still not getting there until at least 2 PM.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:34 PM

639 posts, read 678,453 times
For Single:- Love your singleness. Think about all the marvellous benefits of being single, from not fighting over the TV remote control to being able to keep your living space as clean or as messy as you'd like. The "couples" messaging is strong but it isn't a reflection of the full reality of how people choose to live their lives; don't fall for the hype that everyone's paired off and happy as a result. There are many very happy single people but it's just not currently fashionable to cover the happiness of being single in media or political discourse.Treat yourself. As you're standing in the queue waiting to pay for your mundane everyday items, if you find yourself falling for the doe-eyed stuffed teddy holding a heart while wishing someone would send you one of those soppy cards, or you're salivating over the box of heart-shaped chocolates, consider treating yourself instead of beating yourself up. If that teddy is so cute you want it on your bed, give in. Or better yet, splurge on buying something you'd really like to have, like a bottle of perfume, a six-pack of European beers, a new coffee plunger, or a recent book by a favourite author. Don't make this day about deprivation!
And foe couple:- Most Valentine's Day dates are built around some element of eating, whether it's an all-out dinner or just chocolates. Think about what sort of cuisine you and your date both enjoy. Be sure to work around any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Here's a few different options for dining.Arrange a gift. A Valentine's Day gift doesn't have to be expensive or huge. Gauge what your date might like, and go from there. Some suggestions:
Many women enjoy the traditional gift of flowers on Valentine's Day. You can go for the classic roses in any colour, or get a bouquet of her favourite flower. One thing to keep in mind: if the flowers look like something you'd send your sick grandmother, reconsider. Reds and pinks are generally romantic colours; roses, gardenias, tulips, orchids and windflowers are good bets, as well.Do not buy a gift that is overly cheesy. Remember that some women or girls may not like teddy bears, and some men or boys do not like to receive aftershave. Try to find out before the date what kind of gifts she or he has a yearning for.
Plan ahead. What you want for your date might not be available right before the holiday.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:36 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
"House of Cards" Season 2 on Netflix.

--Dim
Yep yep! Can't wait!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
My plan is getting a few gifts and then coming up with a plan to save money.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You sure your screen name shouldn't be Renfield?
Funny you should mention that. My plan is to watch Bram Stoker's Dracula and have some chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships