Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I'm willing to contribute to expenses.
I think it's fair to ask later in the relationship.

I also think that you will need to find an alternative game plan in a LTR. You cant expect a guy to be your personal chauffeur indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm willing to contribute to expenses.
I think if you're willing to do that and explain your situation, then it's fine.

You sounded like you expect it just because you're a woman and this ****** is competing for you. F@ck that.

If you have a genuine phobia of driving, then it's fine, but be forewarned, any desirable man with options might find something like that a dealbreaker.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Why not compromise and take turns or meet in the middle once in a while? If the guy has no problem what-so-ever picking you up every time and driving over 20 miles each way then that should be up to him.
Even if a guy is willing, it's not a good idea. Even the best of people WILL get tired of it and feel like they're being taken advantage of in that kind of situation. Resentment and frustration builds most anytime something is so one-sided.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
What's the problem with his town?
Nothing. I'm just only comfortable with short drives in areas that I know well. Like 10 miles or less.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Imagine how it would be if a man said that he hated driving and expected a woman to pick him up for a date.

I'm pretty sure he'd be laughed out of the dating world.

There's your answer.

Actually not true, my oldest son did not get his drivers license until he was about 23. He hated to drive and all his girlfriends up to the point he got married picked him up for every date and they thought nothing about it.

He did not get his drivers license until after he got married and their work schedules did not allow them to ride together.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Nothing. I'm just only comfortable with short drives in areas that I know well. Like 10 miles or less.

How do you travel or do you just stay within 10 miles of home?
If I drove only 10 miles away from home I would never get to the grocery store.
I have to drive a minimum 25 miles in any direction to get anywhere because of where I live.
If you are that scared to drive why do you have a vehicle?
It would probably save you quite a bit if you just took public transportation and did not have the upkeep cost of owning a vehicle.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually not true, my oldest son did not get his drivers license until he was about 23. He hated to drive and all his girlfriends up to the point he got married picked him up for every date and they thought nothing about it.

He did not get his drivers license until after he got married and their work schedules did not allow them to ride together.
Wow.

He must be really handsome.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
How do you travel or do you just stay within 10 miles of home?
If I drove only 10 miles away from home I would never get to the grocery store.
I have to drive a minimum 25 miles in any direction to get anywhere because of where I live.
If you are that scared to drive why do you have a vehicle?
It would probably save you quite a bit if you just took public transportation and did not have the upkeep cost of owning a vehicle.
It does limit me a lot, but pretty much everywhere I HAVE to be on a daily basis is within 10 miles. Public transportation isn't great in my city otherwise I would use it.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:22 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:

My Ex was the same. Couldn't drive when I married him. But he didn't need to. We lived in a city with good transportation.

I'll never forget when we moved and he ended up needing to learn to drive. My poor car and the poor grinding of gears and stalling. I had a standard transmission and it was just too much for him to learn to drive and to learn to drive a stick at the same time. We ended up having to sell the car and get an automatic.

LOL, maybe I can make that a "deal breaker"*... if a man can't drive a stick, forget it

*(okay I need to point out that, that was just a joke. I will have no such deal breaker... maybe).

Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Do you plan on having kids?

If so, I would suggest, actually require that you get over this fear.

Otherwise, you will be placing a huge burden on the other spouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships