Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times

Advertisements

Woman : some nights the food I get doesn't taste very good. I hate it and it really bothers me.

Man : I haven't eaten in two weeks.

Girls get quantity and quality, most guys get neither on these sites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Woman : some nights the food I get doesn't taste very good. I hate it and it really bothers me.

LOL. This is how men definitely feel.

The argument from the other side is that "some" is bigger than we understand.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Not sure what school of ego-driven thought leads to the "quality" assumption, but it's ridiculous. "How r u nice rack" is not quality. That was the whole point to the guy's experiment.

Call us when you're a woman and can speak to what "women get."

Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM

432 posts, read 491,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not sure what school of ego-driven thought leads to the "quality" assumption, but it's ridiculous. "How r u nice rack" is not quality. That was the whole point to the guy's experiment.

There's quality men on dating sites... probably just as many as serious, real (i.e. not fake profiles) women. Seek them out and/or stop overlooking us.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:

But women are supposed to be grateful for the validation, or something.

It's like:
Man: Hey, you're getting a free blanket! Nobody's giving me anything.
Woman: Yeah, but it's infected with smallpox.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:

I think you missed his point Lilac110. I'll try and explain what I think he's getting at. What he's saying is that you actually do get quantity and quality. If you have the time to go through all the emails, you will find quality guys. The problem is, women, much like men, still want instant gratification. You want to open your inbox and have the handsome man waiting on you. You don't want to go through the countless emails daily, actually grinding and doing work. Dating takes work from men and women. If women want to find the quality throughout the quantity, then you have to work for it. It's not just going to appear in front of you.

If quality men are working to message the women good messages, those women should want to weed through the bad messages to get to the good ones. If you meet and you're a match, all the work you put into it is moot anyways.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:34 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I think you missed his point Lilac110. I'll try and explain what I think he's getting at. What he's saying is that you actually do get quantity and quality. If you have the time to go through all the emails, you will find quality guys. The problem is, women, much like men, still want instant gratification. You want to open your inbox and have the handsome man waiting on you. You don't want to go through the countless emails daily, actually grinding and doing work. Dating takes work from men and women. If women want to find the quality throughout the quantity, then you have to work for it. It's not just going to appear in front of you.

If quality men are working to message the women good messages, those women should want to weed through the bad messages to get to the good ones. If you meet and you're a match, all the work you put into it is moot anyways.
While I understand your point, I am pretty sure many (if not most) men are guilty of the same. Instead of combing through emails, though, we look for the pretty girls in profile pics and skip the rest. We discount the fact that a woman who may not fit the bill physically may far exceed what we are looking for in all other areas.

My point is, men and women both overlook one thing in favor of another. That's the way of the birds and the bees, so to speak.

--Dim

Old 01-17-2014, 11:46 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
While I understand your point, I am pretty sure many (if not most) men are guilty of the same. Instead of combing through emails, though, we look for the pretty girls in profile pics and skip the rest. We discount the fact that a woman who may not fit the bill physically may far exceed what we are looking for in all other areas.

My point is, men and women both overlook one thing in favor of another. That's the way of the birds and the bees, so to speak.

--Dim
I'll admit that a picture perks my interest to click the profile, but the words in the profile get me to send a message. The woman can be a 10/10 in the looks category to me, but if her profile says "Jusk ask", then guess what? I'm not going to ask, because she comes off as lazy to me.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
No hard feelings of course! You were brave to give your thoughts, and I appreciate it...I'm just learning like everyone else.
So thank you.
Np nani wahine (beuitiful woman). We all are learning.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But women are supposed to be grateful for the validation, or something.

It's like:
Man: Hey, you're getting a free blanket! Nobody's giving me anything.
Woman: Yeah, but it's infected with smallpox.
hahahaha! Very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships