Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:48 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Then I googled and found there actually is such a site! It's pretty obscure though, I never even heard of it until today. And I am curious on people's opinions on this kind of thing. I am dating someone now, so I am not going to try it. But on the surface, it sounds like an interesting take on OLD. I can't find much wrong with the concept, but I am sure I am overlooking something. Also, it looks like they charge everyone though (both men and women).

Here are the details about the site (there is more on the site, but I picked up a few highlights):
I like the idea of it overall. If nothing else I'd be interested to see what type of women would contact me in a setting where women have to make first contact if they want dates.

I don't like the idea of women's profiles being private while men's aren't, though. It creeps me out to think that anyone out there could be checking out my profile without me even knowing that they're on the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 11:52 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
They claim their numbers are 50/50 ...
Actually, they claim "over half of the members on HerWay are men." That could mean 51/49 or it could mean 99/1. Who knows?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,784,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What you didn't get any ladies?
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I'm volunteering to be the "guinea pig" for this experiment, and it seemed like an interesting idea. But as I use it, the pricing model is coming into focus, and it's unattractive. These are things that I wouldn't have known unless I signed up (if you've seen the site, it's not laid out up front.

But in answer to your question, I've been messaged a few times, entirely by women from 500+ miles away and I'd have to pay to message them back. So I'm leaving the profile up, but it's becoming of less interest to me now that I'm more familiar with their business model.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:46 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I'm volunteering to be the "guinea pig" for this experiment, and it seemed like an interesting idea. But as I use it, the pricing model is coming into focus, and it's unattractive. These are things that I wouldn't have known unless I signed up (if you've seen the site, it's not laid out up front.

But in answer to your question, I've been messaged a few times, entirely by women from 500+ miles away and I'd have to pay to message them back. So I'm leaving the profile up, but it's becoming of less interest to me now that I'm more familiar with their business model.
Yeah it's just a money maker to scam men.

Sorry I was joking, didn't mean to insult.

*hugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships