Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:30 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
With all the helpful advice I have been given by people on here, I have decided to start approaching women even though it is very hard as a introvert. However, there is a problem. I live in the Midwest. Most of the women here are taken, some are rude when you approach them. I'll be honest, when it comes to women I don't know what the hell I'm doing. And even if I manage to get a girlfriend what do I do next? My approach isn't that good either. I would approach a woman I don't know and ask them their name and if they have a boyfriend. It felt creepy but I don't know what to do at all besides ask a woman that. Any suggestions?
As a general rule of thumb, if women hit on you or show you lots of interest, then cold approach can be a good approach.

If women don't hit on you, then it will be a very, very rough road to success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:44 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
With all the helpful advice I have been given by people on here, I have decided to start approaching women even though it is very hard as a introvert. However, there is a problem. I live in the Midwest. Most of the women here are taken, some are rude when you approach them. I'll be honest, when it comes to women I don't know what the hell I'm doing. And even if I manage to get a girlfriend what do I do next? My approach isn't that good either. I would approach a woman I don't know and ask them their name and if they have a boyfriend. It felt creepy but I don't know what to do at all besides ask a woman that. Any suggestions?
DO NOT ask a woman if she has a boyfriend.

You do not have to cold approach anyone. Learn to befriend women, then take it from there.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:18 AM

318 posts, read 638,496 times
Your cold approach success rate also depends on the country. In Philippines it might take only 5 cold approaches to finally find a woman who has a mutual attraction to you. While in the U.S it might take 105 approaches to finally find a woman who has a mutual attraction to you.

This is of course is in regards to guys who were not born with male sex symbol level looks. It seems like in Philippines on average the women lower the bar when it comes to what they consider to be handsome men, compared to the U.S where the bar is set higher on what is considered a handsome man. No wonder American women are often labeled as shallow.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:51 AM

179 posts, read 308,605 times
Maybe if you look like a young George Clooney.

Otherwise, usually not.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:37 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
As a woman, I have been more open to being approached by men who have put in some face time and familiarity first. Not a random stalker dude ready to pounce on any and all women.. But if I see someone out & about at a particular place more than once or twice, (a park, a store, a bar..etc) then I feel more comfortable. Mutual attraction has a natural flow to it. Repeated eye contact is important - you need to be sure that she sees you, and sees you "seeing" her. When we see a guy, sometimes we need a minute to let that sink in..

Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
It depends on how it's done, but yes, absolutely--they work.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:43 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Any suggestions?
Stop approaching women with an intention. There is a common myth that women can sense a single guy - which is why spoken for guys get hit on all the time.

The truth is that people with an intention are obvious. You dont need a second sense - a 12th sense - a feminine sense - or any other magic. The fact is - if you go into an interaction with an intention - including sexual - people will pick up on this.

Give up trying to get women - and focus on just bettering yourself and being social and sociable.

Soon you will find that meeting women is not a goal on the road of life - but an event along the way.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:57 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
My suggestion is never cold approach women unless you are in a venue where that sort of thing is considered appropriate.

I know a lot of guys will disagree with me. A lot of guys seem to think it is pretty much okay to hit on women anywhere and everywhere. That is what they do, and yes, sometimes they are successful.

However, the overall effect of of lots of men doing that is to make women hyper-defensive. They start to feel they cannot go anywhere or do anything without getting mobbed by horny guys looking to hook up. That's not good for men overall.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
If you have attractive features, yeah it will work.

Otherwise you're better off plowing your head into a wall to try to cure yourself of a headache.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:34 PM

543 posts, read 533,982 times
Quote:
That's the friggin' truth right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships