Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women
Underrated 14 35.00%
Overrated 26 65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:30 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The USA is very, very large with all types regional differences.

If a guy told me he could not find/like a woman out billions I fully support his going to another country to get a woman there.

It's win/win for everyone.
Americans in general are sheeple, we follow trends, like facebook, iphones, music, and this includes attitudes and beliefs about the opposite sex. This includes are roles we play with the opposite sex. The TREND in America is for the feminist movement. Which is fine, but includes women who want full careers and full equal opportunities (even far exceeding in many areas now) and the freedom to boast and have unlimited sexual escapades without any criticism. That's all fine and dandy, if American women want to pull on a pair of pants and pony up like traditional men have had to do for decades in this country. BUT OH NO. They still maintain the man must treat them like they are Gods, be a full provider (so she can spend her own take on herself) and not be critical of her sexual past.

Women have reversed the roles where they see fit and yet want it to stay them same where they see fit. It doesn't work that way without repercussions and we are seeing that today. Without enduring the challenges and upkeep men in the country had to endure for all of time, they want their cake and to eat it too.

It's hypocrisy and that is the TREND, hence the reason American men seek out foreign wives. All of the above is pure RUBBISH to other culturally raised women.

I read an article a while back where many women miss terribly the days where they were allowed to be women and men could be men.

We are all fighting the ways we are wired.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I wasn't aware that we were rated.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm seriously wondering just how many women you've met(and gone out with) that are foreign? None of the ones I've dated or come across are anything like the ones you descibe. All are college educated and either working or going to school.

I'm not saying that your ideas don't exist. What I am saying is that your ideas that American women are all one way and these women from other countries are not like what you describe is just ridiculous.
Without bragging and since you asked. MANY. and many more American women. I have dated many fine American women and liked a lot of them, loved a few too. I've had sex with over 135 women throughout my lifetime. I like women, what can I say and yes, this includes American women. I just don't like the way we are heading culturally. I like to be a man when I date my girl. Not some ninny, push-over cry baby that cow-towers to anything female. Get what I'm saying? Men becoming more like women and women becoming more like men in America.

With that said, I have found Russian women to be tough on the surface, with backbone, but very traditional in their roles, same with Japanese women. Women from South America are always more then happy to take on the role of being a traditional women and they are proud of it and do not find it belittling.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Without bragging and since you asked. MANY. and many more American women. I have dated many fine American women and liked a lot of them, loved a few too. I've had sex with over 135 women throughout my lifetime. I like women, what can I say and yes, this includes American women. I just don't like the way we are heading culturally. I like to be a man when I date my girl. Not some ninny, push-over cry baby that cow-towers to anything female. Get what I'm saying? Men becoming more like women and women becoming more like men in America.

With that said, I have found Russian women to be tough on the surface, with backbone, but very traditional in their roles, same with Japanese women. Women from South America are always more then happy to take on the role of being a traditional women and they are proud of it and do not find it belittling.

I don't know, i feel like after you've been with quite a few foreign women it loses it's novelty. At the end of the day it comes down to the individual and not their country.

Also, it seems like you're taking a lot of anger out on American women when in reality this phenomenon exists in all countries.

I personally wouldn't have a problem dating a feminist. I think it would be kind of nice, as long as she wasn't one of those crazy feminists who hates men and makes everything into a man vs woman battle.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't know, i feel like after you've been with quite a few foreign women it loses it's novelty. At the end of the day it comes down to the individual and not their country.

Also, it seems like you're taking a lot of anger out on American women when in reality this phenomenon exists in all countries.

I personally wouldn't have a problem dating a feminist. I think it would be kind of nice, as long as she wasn't one of those crazy feminists who hates men and makes everything into a man vs woman battle.
I've dated very feminist women, lots of them. And I have found once they fall for you and are trusting, their inner desire to let me be a man and her a women, naturally takes over in many cases. It's just a matter of breaking down those walls society in American have built recently. The thought processes etc, etc.

It goes back to what I wrote before. Women and men are wired differently! Thanks God for that! It's what attracts us to each other. Why are we so quick to destroy that during a current fad? Even feminist women, once you get close to them, still deep down in side, want to be women and let you be the man. They will never admit it, but you can see the changes as the relationship evolves.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:08 PM

219 posts, read 436,231 times
Quote:
Americans in general are sheeple, we follow trends
Speak for yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy;
, like facebook, iphones, music, and this includes attitudes and beliefs about the opposite sex. This includes are roles we play with the opposite sex. The TREND in America is for the feminist movement. Which is fine, but includes women who want full careers and full equal opportunities (even far exceeding in many areas now) and the freedom to boast and have unlimited sexual escapades without any criticism. That's all fine and dandy, if American women want to pull on a pair of pants and pony up like traditional men have had to do for decades in this country. BUT OH NO. They still maintain the man must treat them like they are Gods, be a full provider (so she can spend her own take on herself) and not be critical of her sexual past.

Women have reversed the roles where they see fit and yet want it to stay them same where they see fit. It doesn't work that way without repercussions and we are seeing that today. Without enduring the challenges and upkeep men in the country had to endure for all of time, they want their cake and to eat it too.

It's hypocrisy and that is the TREND, hence the reason American men seek out foreign wives. All of the above is pure RUBBISH to other culturally raised women.

I read an article a while back where many women miss terribly the days where they were allowed to be women and men could be men.

Dude, if you can't handle equality and women who like sex (), you should check into a time machine and head back to Victorian England! Or maybe Saudi Arabia is more your speed, the kind of foreign women you're looking for. Seriously traditional there. They'll have their servants cook and clean for you, the whole nine yards.

Personally, with so much awesomeness here at home, I see no need to import what I need. I always shop locally The dudes who can't find the sweetness among the local flowers are doing it wrong, I don't know how else to break it to you. Lighten up and get out of your own way. Contrary to popular belief, it's not rocket science. Women really don't require a secret decoder ring to figure out. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:12 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
^^^what a sensible intellegent man.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Americans in general are sheeple, we follow trends, like facebook, iphones, music, and this includes attitudes and beliefs about the opposite sex. This includes are roles we play with the opposite sex. The TREND in America is for the feminist movement. Which is fine, but includes women who want full careers and full equal opportunities (even far exceeding in many areas now) and the freedom to boast and have unlimited sexual escapades without any criticism. That's all fine and dandy, if American women want to pull on a pair of pants and pony up like traditional men have had to do for decades in this country. BUT OH NO. They still maintain the man must treat them like they are Gods, be a full provider (so she can spend her own take on herself) and not be critical of her sexual past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sadly, I've experienced from ALL sorts of women exactly what alaskaboy describes in his post. Yes this includes the shy quiet ones, as well as ones that might be referred to as "non-hot" . I've never been one to chase the so-called "hot" women(I go for inner attractiveness) , but what he describes is an attitude that is not exclusive to just the "hot" ones. I know it isn't PC on this forum to say American women are nothing less than gifts from God, and that any man that prefers the company of foreign women, well there MUST be something wrong with him because no good man would pass up such "treasures" but truth is, people can get defensive and rip all they want, or counter with saying American men are such scum etc, but sorry, there is a reason a lot of American guys prefer foreign women, and it's NOT to keep them barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen as the "defenders" here would imply. I can only speak for myself, but it wasn't until I met an Aussie woman that I finally was appreciated for who I am, and not criticized for what I am not. I expect to get ripped for saying this, but I much prefer Australian women as opposed to American

Oh, wow, alaskaboy and LeaveWI. You're actually suggesting that Australian and other foreign women are less "feminist" in their social and economic thinking than are American women? Really?

Look, I was born and raised in Canada, though I've lived in the US for many years. Canada and Australia have practically identical social philosophies. Each country, as I'm sure you know, believes firmly in generous social programs, many of which directly benefit women, such as universal health care and generous maternity leaves (none of this 6-week or 3-month stuff that US workers get). More importantly, Australians, like Canadians and other nationalities, take these social programs (and others) completely for granted.

Therefore, I think it's safe to say that Australian women are much like Canadian women in terms of social and personal worldviews. And I can tell you that I have always found American women - generally speaking - to be more conservative, more conventional, and less likely to question traditional, gender-based roles and expectations. So, as for your complaint that "American women want full careers and full equal opportunities"? Well, do you honestly think that women in other countries who are accustomed to liberal social philosophies and programs, DON"T WANT full careers and fully equal opportunities? That they DON"T EXPECT them?

I can practically guarantee you that, if anything, MOST Australian women (and women in other western countries) have HIGHER expectations than do American women to be able to enjoy full social participation and equity (Australia's last prime minister, for example, was an unapologetically strong, outspoken woman). So, I'm afraid that your complaints about American women are unsubstantiated, and your romanticized assertions about Australian women are naive, at best. If you honestly believe that Australian women, or women in most other westernized countries, are more "traditional" - socially, politically, economically, sexually - then you're deluding yourselves.

Oh, and btw, ANY man who feels the need to broadcast how many women he claims to have been sexually intimate with is not a man with traditional, "manly" values. Hypocrisy, indeed.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 01-17-2014 at 08:38 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 07:59 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Well there's over 150 million American women so its pretty hard to answer....

Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Since this thread can't seem to stay on topic, it's now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships