Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:11 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
You said it, not me and is pretty much how it is. Just read any cosmo article, or female writings, or go sit behind any group of ladies on a, "ladies night out event," or any women discussing with her girlfriend the ins and outs of her first date........and yep, you're about spot on.
Yes, Cosmo is our gold digger bible - all women study it's contents. Mothers hand down their dog-eared copies to their daughters. We spend our "ladies night out events" planning how we will land our sugar daddies - we tell the guys we were at "book group." Alaskaboy, your distance from the mainland has given you much perspective on the ways of women.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
You said it, not me and is pretty much how it is. Just read any cosmo article, or female writings, or go sit behind any group of ladies on a, "ladies night out event," or any women discussing with her girlfriend the ins and outs of her first date........and yep, you're about spot on.
I read Maureen Dowd in the NY Times. Does she count?

Old 01-18-2014, 04:22 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Never listen to what women say. Watch what they do.
So true.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Someone could go and make a video of a woman in a "fat suit" getting rejected by a man for her looks and then come back conventionally "hot" without the fat suit and then criticize how he changes his mind too... saying men only care about hot women and nothing else. But that doesn't make it universally true because one guy in an edited prank, entertainment video did that... same here.
I just threw the pranks in there because I thought you guys would find it funny. The last video I posted is actual data and statistics.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
How about looking at another take on it? Same setup... a man first tries to pick up women with a Toyota and then the same man with a Lamborghini. The women were less approachable with the Lambo. And at the end, the people in an one of those original prank videos (both the man and woman around 5:18) said that they were told that the video was a commercial and didn't know it was going to be presented as a prank about gold diggers. In other words, it was scripted.

I wonder how many who adhere by their precious "all women are gold diggers" stereotype won't even bother to watch this because it will shatter their bigoted ideas that for some reason they cling to like a scared child to a teddy bear.

GOLD DIGGER PRANK EXPOSED! - YouTube
I learned one thing from the video you posted and thats Joey's is a good place to eat.

Your video doesn't proove anything.

STATISTICS say women marry up and men with money have an 88% increase in chances with women then men without money.

Also the guys approach made it obvious he was playing a trick on the girls.

This doesn't expose anything.

BTW an old Gallardo doesn't scream rich anyway. It's on par with a high end corvette.

Vitalyzed used a brand new Maserati an a newer model Murcielago; real rich man cars. Anybody can buy an old Gallardo with a decent income, frugal spending and strict budget.

Last edited by Veyron; 01-18-2014 at 04:53 AM..

Old 01-18-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I get it. And it would suck to see that all the time, just as it does with the "all men do xyz" threads.

But we won't see the end of OPs of either gender complaining about things out of their control. Hell, a lot of the stuff upsets me and I actually fall into the "tall guys with money" category. I can only imagine how pissed off I'd be if I didn't. But the counterarguments aren't very reasonable either, and equally frustrating to see.

If people think it's hypocritical, say so. Or start another thread complaining about what you don't like. But we are in fact seeing people passive-aggressively denying that things like this exist outright, or that they're justified because the other gender does it HARDER. Or whatever.

Anyway, you're one of the voices of reason around here, jilla. Thanks for contributing
woah woah woah woah ...woah..who said I was complaining?

Go back and read my OP. I'm just curious.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I have never seen a woman argue that men should "pay for everything" when her income is comparable. Where do you get this stuff?

Even 20 years ago when I was dating I always offered to help pay my way when I could do it without damaging any egos. I would get tickets for concerts and invite my guy, and make nice meals with good wine at home. I would buy food and supplies for a picnic, etc., or pay for the hotel if he was paying for the flight somewhere. But for some reason, guys always liked to pick up the tab at restaurants, I guess to save face publicly. Maybe it is still that way.

Personal experience sadly

Old 01-18-2014, 08:21 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
While I feel the "goldigging" thing is overblown to an extent I feel a lot of times women don't really understand where men are coming from. Think of it like this

You know how as a woman you fear men only wanting you for what you can provide sexually but not being you know... Actually into you?

Well on the flipside one of men's greatest fears is a woman only being interested in him for what he can provide from a monetary standpoint but not actually be turned on by him

Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Thread is closed. Read the sticky people.. "NO GENDER BASHING"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships