Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

I hope the OP isn't using his "real life name" as his City-Data member name, because if someone he knows reads this thread, and recognizes his name and his family situation, it could then be passed along to a member of his family, which may then get back to his wife.

If this is the case, I recommend the OP have his member name changed.

As for whether he should tell, I don't think telling her is a good idea.

She is dealing with enough on her mind right now. Why add more stress to her life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think everyone has missed the REAL REASON behind all this.

He is hoping by telling his wife, she will break the news to his older children so he doesn't have to. And he is hoping she will take the high road and tell them to be kind to Dear Old Dad and open their hearts to their half-siblings. He figures if they hear it from Mom on her deathbed, they will be more apt to be kind about the whole debacle because "Mom asked us to be forgiving and kind."

OP is simply trying to figure out how to introduce his children into his family circle once mom is gone. And for all we know -- his Baby Momma, as well.

What a piece of work . . .

This is the stuff of movies, lol.
Baby Mommas--plural..."I have two "illegitimate" sons aged 12 and 16 from women I had affairs with"

Maybe he'll invite them to the wake and all the kids can finally meet. I wonder if the other women know about each other.

My guess is that this is all fake.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Hi dad, go _____ yourself.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 PM

52,276 posts, read 52,700,922 times
This sounds like a BS thread.

If it is real, you are truly a selfish person. No good will come out of your "confession" other than unloading your conscious.

Be a man and suck it up.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I give it a generous 's up.

But if indeed this is a legitimate situation, I hope and pray the wife beats her cancer so she can sack him in balls.
Even if she doesn't, she will know everything in the afterlife and is sure to come back and haunt his ass.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Oh, great idea. Why don't you just punch her in the gut, too?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRoss View Post
My wife and I have been married for 36 years. We have two sons aged 35 and 32 and two small grandsons.

My wife is terminally ill with metastic breast cancer. She's confined to a bed and goes through bouts of consciouness and long periods when she's deeply asleep.

I have two "illegitimate" sons aged 12 and 16 from women I had affairs with. Absolutely nobody knows about them. I always had an higher income than my wife thought so I could send that extra money to send to the boys. I've always visited them once in a while but I'm far from being a good father taking the circumstances into account.

However, I'm afraid that if I'm not completely honest with her now, I'll regret it terribly when she passes away. She has always been so good to me and I was a pretty low-life to her several times.

I'm afraid of doing so in her condition so I don't know what to do.

I know it's strange to turn to the Internet over such a delicate issue but like I said, no one knows about this and sometimes it's good to have anonymous input.

P.S. I say "illegitimate" because to me there's no such thing as illegitimate children.
Seriously? Look, I know you're trying to do the right thing here, but the higher responsibility you have is to let your wife die in peace.

I hate to be harsh here, for I can't imagine the pain of losing a spouse. But this is not really a sincere attempt to unburden your soul and face the consequences, for she will be dead. There will be no divorce, no time for recriminations, no anything. Instead, you will send her to the grave with emotional pain that's as severe as anything she's suffering from physically. It is ultimately a self-centered act on your part.

What a cruel thing that would be for you to do. Go confess to someone else.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
I think this thread is illegitimate.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,746,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I call BS on this and the whole thread.

This is a 4th-grade word.
I concur.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I think this thread is illegitimate.
Yeah, but I know a situation where that did indeed happen.

My wife's grandmother had a married couple as next door neighbors. They were childless, so it was as if they were part of the family. The Burnses were at all the family functions. Then Mrs. Burns died and Mr. Burns died a year or so afterwards. When he died, it came to light that he had three kids with his secretary and nobody ever knew. Evidently she was content to raise the kids without being married to him and Mrs. Burns was evidently none the wiser. It takes a lot to surprise me, but you could have knocked me over with a feather on this score. It's the quiet types, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships