Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
As a woman, how do you counteract their meanness/*******ness towards you when they realize you are the only female in the office who is less than impressed and will not go along with their antics? When they realize that you are ACTUALLY NOT attracted to them and are not capable of being whipped into a frenzy to the point where you are ready to jump their bones like the other gals???

Oh! I really need help with this because it has gotten me in trouble in the past. I have been on sheeit lists and lost positions behind it. I am a very serious character and I jdgaf about stroking a man's ego (or anyone's for that matter) and 99.9% of the time, refuse to allow myself to be charmed. My stance is I go to work to work and not to make you feel good about yourself. It's a little unsettling that these types always seem to find their way towards me. I've tried keeping my distance but it seems that only makes them more aggressive.

I'm getting tired of this and I need some advice. I notice when I do give them the time of day (small talk usually related to work) they act like they can't be bothered, lol. It's like a vicious cycle and I'm tired of being sucked in. There's one in the office now who I think has just given up altogether but has put me on his ignore list. Why are people like this?
To be honest, if this is a pattern for you and you have actually lost jobs because of this, I would think the issue is with you, not them. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about certain people, is it possible while you think you are just being "serious" that it comes off as you being the judgmental one and appears you are going out of your way to not be nice to them?

I have worked with many people I didn't like through the years, and they have never known it. That is how you keep your professional life professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Who knows how the OP defines "hottie"?
True. I guess I just assumed she was defining it as "a really hot person." That's the only way I've heard the term used. I guess in this case it means "person who isn't hot, but other people seem to think he is."

Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
If you want to get rid of a player, be a chacer = he has nothing to hunt and he goes away.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
I know, right? My sister tells me I overanalyze about things that shouldn't matter all the time. I need to just clear my mind.
So you are playing the game of not interested even though you put 'Hottie' in the title.

He's playing the game of the 'ignore list' and its working cause its bothering you.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
To be honest, if this is a pattern for you and you have actually lost jobs because of this, I would think the issue is with you, not them.
This is an excellent point.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM

422 posts, read 447,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I want to have a response to this thread, but I can't move beyond trying to grasp the concept of "hottie that you are not attracted to." That seems like a contradiction to me. What about him causes you to refer to him as a hottie if he's not attractive?
I understand your point, however, just because someone is hot does not mean that you are/will be attracted to them. When I say hottie, I meant moreso in terms of the way all of the other women respond to him and treat him and it's clear that's what's in his head.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I don't know about this particular scenario, but sometimes people who know they are hot do get mad when everyone isn't drooling over them. They're used to it and someone who doesn't fall in line can be seen as threatening.

I've experienced this with a teacher. He was rather young at the time-- 23 I believe. I was a sophomore in high school and the only girl in class who didn't drool over him. It was rather obvious how he was just sucking in all the attention. After a day I learned approaching him seriously as a teacher, with me as a student (and not a girl drooling over him) wasn't going to do me any favors. The girls who drooled over him received assistance with their work, and I was told to figure it out on my own. Thankfully he didn't stay long, but after he left it was like watching a curse lift from the kingdom, LOL.

I'm kind of experiencing the same thing with this guy. He is a Sr. staff person and at one point completely shut me out because of my unresponsiveness. The reason I started this thread is because I wanted help learning how to engage these types of characters. A few weeks ago he started slowly trying to make my life hell and now that I have been talking to him a little more, he's backed off. Weird.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsn4life View Post
there are tons of people in the world who you can see are attractive, just not to you.

thank you!

Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Really? I can't relate to that. When I say someone is a hottie, it means I think they're hot. If I'm not attracted to someone, they're not a hottie to me.
Exactly. Everybody else is not you.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Who knows how the OP defines "hottie"?

Thanks again. It's so annoying when people judge you by their standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships