Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 PM

326 posts, read 314,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Damn cat in the tree again.
That is close. Yours truly has been on snow and ice covered roofs in the last few weeks. Somebody has to go up there.

Back to the question....you would be amazed who is humbled when they ask for my help. I had a Judge yesterday talking to me like I was his son.

That's one reason why I like doing this crap.

Help people when they need it most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 PM

361 posts, read 725,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I would go so far as to say that even more men are intimidated by intelligent and assertive women than by beautiful women.
Kind of difficult to find out when the guy won't even approach her in the first place lol.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,636,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
I can certainly relate to your post.
Guys here who don't want to admit that they are intimidated ( not even a tiny bit) are probably lying to themselves. Otherwise why not approach the girl if you think she looks so good physically, instead of coming up with excuses based on false stereotypes that most people here have about "beautiful" women?....

You just have to be willing to get past the appearance and get to know them personally.
Good luck OP and just be patient; i'm sure there's someone out there that will be willing to do just that.
No offense, but perhaps you just have an unrealistic assessment of how attractive you are. You have a number of people here who are expressing what seem to be sincere reasons for why they don't tend to be attracted to classically beautiful women - and instead of accepting what they say at face value, you assume that they must be lying, and that the only logical reason they're not knocking themselves out trying to get close to you is because of some sort of character flaw.

Do you really not see that this sort of attitude is exactly what some of us are talking about? You couldn't have made our point better if you'd tried.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:45 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,605,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Kind of difficult to find out when the guy won't even approach her in the first place lol.
I'm just saying, in my observations, highly intelligent average looking women appear to intimidate more guys than highly attractive average intelligence women. Most guys want a highly attractive woman, but some guys have egos that won't let them be the second-smartest person in a relationship. (I can't relate to that personally, but I've seen it in others.)

If guys aren't even approaching you, I don't think it's because you're too attractive.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,162,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I'm just saying, in my observations, highly intelligent average looking women appear to intimidate more guys than highly attractive average intelligence women. Most guys want a highly attractive woman, but some guys have egos that won't let them be the second-smartest person in a relationship. (I can't relate to that personally, but I've seen it in others.)

If guys aren't even approaching you, I don't think it's because you're too attractive.
I agree. I've never heard of a woman who was "just so good-looking" that she wasn't approached. If a woman is very attractive it might provoke anxiety in me, personally speaking (I have social anxiety), but I'm sure there would be swathes of guys who are perfectly willing to strike up a conversation.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM

322 posts, read 504,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
True! If a woman is very attractive, I will not approach her.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
True! If a woman is very attractive, I will not approach her.
Even if she was warm, inviting, and approachable? You can always tell when women would seem open and inviting versus cold and distant.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,352,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Even if she was warm, inviting, and approachable? You can always tell when women would seem open and inviting versus cold and distant.
I appreciate your sentiment, but I think many men can't.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I appreciate your sentiment, but I think many men can't.
Good point.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 AM

90 posts, read 118,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
It is easy for me to approach a strikingly beautiful girl - not at all intimidated - but that's because I normally give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume right away that people are nice, warm, and sensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships