Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm weird cuz I haven't been intimidated by looks since I was a teen.

Have I been floored at first sight of a woman cuz of her looks? Yes, but not intimidated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 04:41 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I guess I'm weird cuz I haven't been intimidated by looks since I was a teen.

Have I been floored at first sight of a woman cuz of her looks? Yes, but not intimidated.

When I was in high school I worked in a men's clothing store in the mall. There were these glass cubicles stacked up around the place, about my height, for shirts and the like. This kid, who maybe was in grade school or junior high school, was with his mom. I turned and noticed he was looking at me and as I did he smacked his whole body and head into those glass cubicles and it knocked him on his ass.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM

322 posts, read 504,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Even if she was warm, inviting, and approachable? You can always tell when women would seem open and inviting versus cold and distant.
I still wouldn't approach her. Attractive women make me nervous.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM

322 posts, read 504,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I appreciate your sentiment, but I think many men can't.
I know I can't.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I still wouldn't approach her. Attractive women make me nervous.
Why?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
When I was in high school I worked in a men's clothing store in the mall. There were these glass cubicles stacked up around the place, about my height, for shirts and the like. This kid, who maybe was in grade school or junior high school, was with his mom. I turned and noticed he was looking at me and as I did he smacked his whole body and head into those glass cubicles and it knocked him on his ass.
Lol.

I'm sure he recalls it with much fondness too.

In my adult life it has only happened a few times.

About 3 years ago a complete knockout was walking across the street into a pizza joint. I was in my car and ran a stop sign as my mind shut down all activity except her image.

The cop who pulled me over gave me a warning with a chuckle. He hadn't seen her. Probably wanted to hurry up with me so he could go inside the pizza joint.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,261 times
No.

In fact, I made friends with a former Dolphins cheerleader and her cute 20 y/o daughter this past weekend. Both were at the bar (higher end sports bar) and asked for MY contact info.

I think it's because I was just having normal conversation with them and they didn't feel hounded or intimidated.

I've known a few NFL cheerleaders through my life. It's really funny how intimidated some guys get. They're just normal girls that look good.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 AM

643 posts, read 917,631 times
I think theres a certain hurdle a normal guy has to get past to even approach a super beautiful woman. So the answer to your question is yes.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
I think theres a certain hurdle a normal guy has to get past to even approach a super beautiful woman. So the answer to your question is yes.
What's the hurdle?

Rejection?

If it's a cold walk up (never seen her before) then that could happen no matter what she looks like.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
About 3 years ago a complete knockout was walking across the street into a pizza joint. I was in my car and ran a stop sign as my mind shut down all activity except her image.
In my late 20's I was employed by a large university that is located in a warm climate area and known for its attractive undergraduate women. There was a large hill on the edge of the campus where dozens or possibly even hundreds of them would sunbathe in bikinis daily, nearly all year 'round. My drive from home to work and back took me right by there every day. To this day I am amazed that I never wrecked my car there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships