Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,695,256 times

Advertisements

LOL this conversation is cute.

(eats popcorn)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 12:01 AM

887 posts, read 1,101,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance
This is why, in your case. You sound pretentious, and I find that just as equally unattractive as opposed to your physical appearance.

IMO, assuming you are a 10 in the looks department, I don't expect that you have had a "normal" experience in growing as a person. I accept that my perspective could be wrong, but most likely, I would assume you have given yourself a sense of entitlement because you have always received attention based on your looks. You have a false perception that since you are more attractive than your average woman that you could have any man if you gave him the attention. If a guy sees you as shallow and pedantic, then you are left with a feeling of why didn't he ask me out? You haven't had to deal with certain adversities of life because you haven't had to. That's cool! I think I would prefer a woman who is 6, 7, or 8. I think life just rounds out the character in these women and that is much more impressive to me.

I am not saying all 10's are vapid and unintelligent, but you would really have to impress me with your character for me to show any interest. Eventually your looks will fade with age, and I wouldn't be interested in a woman set on fixing those issues with fake enhancements.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:13 AM

348 posts, read 499,075 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
Isn't it unethical to date a client? You'll probably be fired for it so it's a good thing your client won't ask you out, correct?

Old 01-25-2014, 05:19 AM

348 posts, read 499,075 times
Quote:
So in this case...should I just ask the guy out? Usually i'm opposed to making a move but with this guy i'm seriously smitten lol.
Sooooo, how big is the house you're showing him??

Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,251,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
Sooooo, how big is the house you're showing him??
If it's as big as his pocket book, what woman wouldn't be smitten

Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,641,183 times
yes, guys get nervous/anxious/intimidated when it comes to putting themselves out there and asking a very good looking woman out.

Not all guys are like this, but you would be amazed at the guys who are. You wouldn't expect it from them based on who they are and what they look like.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,210,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
yes, guys get nervous/anxious/intimidated when it comes to putting themselves out there and asking a very good looking woman out.

Not all guys are like this, but you would be amazed at the guys who are. You wouldn't expect it from them based on who they are and what they look like.
The same can be said for anyone in the face of possible rejection. Men or women, personal relationships to applying for a job, or job interviews.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
If it's as big as his pocket book, what woman wouldn't be smitten
Houses, which are designed to contain people, are usually considerably larger than pocketbooks, which are designed to be carried on a person.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,912,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I did see one of your pics Raena. You're cute.
Thanks man!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:42 PM

30 posts, read 34,025 times
Update!

So I ended up going on two dates with him...so far He bought a house and invited me to celebrate with a drink...you know, just a casual thank you for all your help type thing ::wink wink:: after that date it was a how about we do dinner? Now were going to a basketball game! Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I guess he just wanted to take his time? I don't know why he waited so long but I'm glad he finally asked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships