Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,675,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
Update!

So I ended up going on two dates with him...so far He bought a house and invited me to celebrate with a drink...you know, just a casual thank you for all your help type thing ::wink wink:: after that date it was a how about we do dinner? Now were going to a basketball game! Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I guess he just wanted to take his time? I don't know why he waited so long but I'm glad he finally asked!
Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:57 PM

30 posts, read 34,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yay!
That's what I said! Thanks

Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 PM

957 posts, read 1,061,523 times
I get pretty intimidated by good looking women - maybe because I lack experience in the dating world. I consider myself good looking, I work out 5-6 days week and do a lot of sports. I can usually keep a conversation flowing if I feel comfortable. I just don't know where to start!

Breaking the ice is almost impossible for me, this includes strangers of both genders and especially attractive women. I'm working to overcome it, but it's rough. Everyone in family is fairly shy (Mother, and two sisters) My old man and my little brother are pretty outgoing though.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 PM

69 posts, read 56,091 times
After reading only the OP, I am curious to know whether or not the thread creator has a deadly allergy to asking somebody out. That's about the only reason I could see why she would wait for somebody to ask her out instead of doing it herself.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:08 PM

458 posts, read 645,634 times
Do you know how to flirt?
Beautiful & socially awkward does not mix well together.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 PM

469 posts, read 567,605 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
not sure if this could lead to being intimidated, but he could've just found someone else who had more attraction towards him and took her instead of wanting to ask you out. You never know.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 PM

136 posts, read 176,673 times
Beautiful women are geared to have higher standards because they can choose among hundreds of tall, rich guys. So of course it's more intimidating to try and impress them. Most guys don't even bother.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
I can't really say either way. I'd say that there are some men who are intimidated by women that they find attractive, but there are a lot of factors behind this.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
After reading only the OP, I am curious to know whether or not the thread creator has a deadly allergy to asking somebody out. That's about the only reason I could see why she would wait for somebody to ask her out instead of doing it herself.
I believe in the traditional approach to dating. Whenever I have had to ask a guy out it just doesn't seem to go anywhere? I think maybe because the thrill of the chase is not there? I dunno. Plus for this particular guy it would be unprofessional for me to ask him since he was my client. I think that's why he waited until we were done with business before he pursued me.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Do you know how to flirt?
Beautiful & socially awkward does not mix well together.
I wouldn't say I'm awkward. I do public speaking quite often and I am told I have a bubbly and outgoing personality. Never heard anyone label me "awkward." Even though I do find some socially awkward guys attractive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships