Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM

463 posts, read 559,758 times

Advertisements

ProDancer:

To answer your original question; yes most men are intimidated by beautiful women. People in general are risk-averse, have fragile egos, and are sensitive to rejection. And let me tell you, if men are only intimidated by women they like, most women are outright terrified at putting themselves on the line for men they're attracted to. So it's not a gender-specific thing.

Beautiful women do not intimidate me. If you were my type, I wouldn't hesitate to ask you out at the grocery store or buy you a drink at the bar. Also, I know a lot of men do the whole "try to be different by not complimenting her looks at all" weasel tactic...I've found that the more attractive and feminine the woman, the more being aggressive, direct, and bold got me a lot farther than meekly beating around the bush and second guessing myself. It has gotten me rejected, but it has gotten me women most guys would consider "out of their league."

Men will try to justify their lack of self-confidence by dismissing beautiful women for 1000 stupid reasons (she's high maintenance, she's taken, has plenty of men chasing her, etc). They can shoot themselves in the foot for all I care, less competition for me....all that matters in whether I continue pursuing her is the words "yes" or "no" coming directly from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 11:33 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
While the truely beautiful will always catch my eye and I will check them out. And kudos to them for keeping themselves in such good condition. I tend to go for a solid 7-8 in looks. Any higher and they usually reek of high maintenance.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
ProDancer:

To answer your original question; yes most men are intimidated by beautiful women. People in general are risk-averse, have fragile egos, and are sensitive to rejection. And let me tell you, if men are only intimidated by women they like, most women are outright terrified at putting themselves on the line for men they're attracted to. So it's not a gender-specific thing.

Beautiful women do not intimidate me. If you were my type, I wouldn't hesitate to ask you out at the grocery store or buy you a drink at the bar. Also, I know a lot of men do the whole "try to be different by not complimenting her looks at all" weasel tactic...I've found that the more attractive and feminine the woman, the more being aggressive, direct, and bold got me a lot farther than meekly beating around the bush and second guessing myself. It has gotten me rejected, but it has gotten me women most guys would consider "out of their league."

Men will try to justify their lack of self-confidence by dismissing beautiful women for 1000 stupid reasons (she's high maintenance, she's taken, has plenty of men chasing her, etc). They can shoot themselves in the foot for all I care, less competition for me....all that matters in whether I continue pursuing her is the words "yes" or "no" coming directly from her.
Good on you.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else

Well I would like to say a few things here,

To answer this this accurately yes men are intimidated by beautiful women it doesn't matter what type they are or what is their nature be it reserved/shy/introvert/extrovert/mysterious or anything beautiful women do intimidate them.

In my case beautiful woman (only those who have VERY SHORT HAIRSTYLE) and the one who has equally attractive personality will be appealing to me or I may even like them(I am not a shallow person) might be strange but true, but otherwise no matter what, how good they may be, they will never be intimidating or appealing to me as such,its hard to explain but that's it.Hence those who appeal to me(read above) no matter what, I have no desire/need to go and ask them out even if they may be interested or to even go and talk to them and take things forward or even compliment them.That's it,it will forever remain restricted inside my head only but I've always been fine with this.

Well in your case I think they may find you beautiful/attractive but either they don't know how to ask you out or they inexperienced in these matters or they just look at you as another being and nothing else or he doesn't find your personality that good and many more.Getting intimidated by you might only be one reason for that and there can be many more.Its difficult to understand

But yes men don't like to deal with feelings hence they may find ways to escape from them by saying you're intimidating or things like that

Last edited by SF; 02-03-2014 at 01:07 AM..

Old 02-03-2014, 12:57 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
It depends on her personality though. I am sure your good look help you with your business. You just said they have no chance. So, if the men are flirting with you and don't ask you, what difference does it make? At the end, it is is no chance!

I am pretty sure this guy was very attractive that asked you out. So you do know that he has options as a good looking man right? Also, he could be shy and/or afraid of rejection. You should already know this.

They could be intimidated by your looks. Honesty, the guys who will have a chance with you are the tall, very good looking ones who are built and/or wealthy. Very good looking females tend to go that route.

Why are you upset anyway? You have a lot of guys to pick from anyway.

Btw, do you have a kid(s)?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Cheerleaders give tours of properties, and have customers?

I would think the NFL pays their cheerleaders enough that they don't need to moonlight as realestate agents.
Not according to the latest lawsuit to the Oakland Raiders lol. I think they only make like $150 a game.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Well I always hear men like to chase women and think women look desperate when they ask. Also, since he's a client I don't want to look unprofessional
I don't know of any men that will think a girl is desperate if she asks out.

Plus, don't you look like one of those cheer leaders anyways? Why would a girl like you be desperate.

So you are going to mix business with pleasure?

So why is this the guy for you?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If a man was really interested in you; he'd ask you out.
Not true. He could be shy and/or afraid of rejection.

It makes sense because he is REALLY interested and wants a REAL YES!

Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It doesn't matter. Mostly they just assume you're taken.
Yep. You could just about cut and paste the above line in many threads lol.

Topics like these come and go since the forums was first created.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Exactly I assume all hot men are taken. Hell at my age most men are.
Not true. I know very good looking who are also very successful at what they do. They are in their mid 30s. Very humble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships