Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 PM
 
11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Reputation: 20090

Advertisements

This must be why I never get hit on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Reputation: 8539
True or False...Guys are intimidated by beautiful women?

Hayle no - nothing to be intimidated by.

Getting into the ring with Jon 'Bones' Jones after you talked about his mama? Yeah, now that's intimidating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Reputation: 13536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh you are quick. Lol

I saw you type that you have a hard time asking chicks out. Why?


Please I know men like hot women.




Cause I'm ugly

lol Nah....no I'm not. I'm just really shy, don't know what to say. If I notice a girl checking me out, or we make eye contact and she smiles, I'll do the same, but in all reality, unless she comes to me, odds are, that's about where it ends for me. I just can't muster the testicular fortitude to get up and go over there. lol

I'm fine otherwise, after someone that's not me breaks the ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 PM
 
17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Reputation: 13949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I didn't realize this was common knowledge.


To answer your question: Some are, some aren't.

If you're interested in a guy, why don't you say something?
Cheerleaders are paid a flat sum of money every week for 16 weeks. If there team goes to the play offs they may get paid more, but I don't know that much. They don't make that much money though, so I'm pretty sure most or every cheerleader in the NFL has a full-time job during the day to actually support themselves.

Really, they're doing it because they get some perks, they travel 8 weeks out of the year, and any other benefits they receive for being part of the NFL.

To help answer the OP though, there's men who are intimidated by beauty, and you might have to make the first move on a man if you're interested in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Reputation: 25362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post




Cause I'm ugly

lol Nah....no I'm not. I'm just really shy, don't know what to say. If I notice a girl checking me out, or we make eye contact and she smiles, I'll do the same, but in all reality, unless she comes to me, odds are, that's about where it ends for me. I just can't muster the testicular fortitude to get up and go over there. lol

I'm fine otherwise, after someone that's not me breaks the ice.
Lol, I didn't picture you shy at all. Eh women aren't scary. ..b*tchy at times but not scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Reputation: 13536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol, I didn't picture you shy at all. Eh women aren't scary. ..b*tchy at times but not scary.

Well, this is the internet. However, I'm like this after the ice is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Reputation: 25362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Well, this is the internet. However, I'm like this after the ice is broken.
Yeah me too. I get very nervous in the beginning but it's better with a group of friends so the friends have mutual friendship.

Ask Prince I never shut up. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 PM
 
Location: CA
3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Reputation: 4840
I'm not stunningly beautiful, but I'm not unattractive. People tell me they think I'm pretty. I'm slender & have what's generally considered a pretty face. I can tell men think I'm pretty - I see it in their face. But I rarely, rarely, rarely get "hit on" or much male attention, period.

I've had female friends say it's because I must intimidate them. I don't believe this. I think there are plenty of gorgeous women who get hit on a lot. Lots of other women (here & elsewhere) complain about how they are constantly approached by men.

I have come to the conclusion that being pretty, or aesthetically pleasing, is not the same as "attractive". And there are women who are attractive who are not particularly pretty, and so they get approached & asked out.

They are not even necessarily approachable in reality, as these may be the same women who complain about the attention & rudely dismiss men. And conversely, I AM approachable. I'm generally very nice to strangers, even though I am shy. Men don't approach these women because they are approachable and they don't avoid me because I'm intimidating - they are not compelled to pursue me because I do not attract them.

So why am I not "attractive"? I think it's "vibes" or unconscious signals we send via our demeanor. In my case, my shyness looks aloof & cold. This is not intimidating, it's a turn-off. Big difference. Intimidating means they find you attractive, but are scared of rejection. Not attractive / being a turn-off means you're not desirable enough for them to expend the energy.

I think in your case - they probably think you are physically attractive, and they even flirt, but you're not sending back the right signals. They may think you just like the attention they give you & that you don't think much of them beyond being customers & ego boosts. Instead of being intimidated, this may be enough of a turn-off to kill any motivation to ask you out, because they don't want to be just another ego boost to you. It's not fear, but a distaste.

You can scoff at this idea, but I've seen it with really pretty friends I've had & not so pretty friends. The latter group simply boosts egos more, so they find it easier to date even if not as pretty. I don't even believe they do this intentionally, rather, it's just more natural for some to boost egos. The ego booster lies somewhere inbetween the ego-ignorers & the ego-pleasers. I (and perhaps the OP) are ego-ignorers, the attractive women are ego-boosters, and women who get used by jerks are ego-pleasers. It's a balance between acknowledging their value & maintaining your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Reputation: 116087
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
According to threads here on the topic, a lot of guys assume beautiful women are taken, so they don't bother approaching. Others are intimidated by them. And even though quite a few guys admit to this, they ALSO insist that beautiful women have guys lining up every day to ask them out! So...go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
 
7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Reputation: 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Cheerleaders give tours of properties, and have customers?

I would think the NFL pays their cheerleaders enough that they don't need to moonlight as realestate agents.
Cheerleaders don't make much money at all, interesting fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top