Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,108,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That's a woman.
He was talking about himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 12:35 PM

97 posts, read 146,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Many men who should be attracted to women, the OP describes in her thread, aren't because they know they are vapid and a waste of time.
Curious .... why do you say that? Is there some underlying bias that beautiful people are superficial etc. etc.?

Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,579,671 times
Quote:
He was talking about himself.
I got that. He was also talking about you.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
Curious .... why do you say that? Is there some underlying bias that beautiful people are superficial etc. etc.?
I'm a woman and have hung with women and none of us had the same criteria for what "attractive" or "beautiful' means. It's why were able to be friends for so long as we weren't competing with each other over the same type of man. It's really just that simply.

"Beautiful," is something I have been called all my life and I know and knew that was not going to be enough.

My mother, who is still very attractive, lived by the mantra 'All men want is sex." As I grew up I noticed this was not true.

The men in my social circle are generally more established in their life and their careers and will often turn down women one would think they would be attracted to. Time and time again, within my social circle, it's because they found them too vapid.

I even had two men remark, "There's more to a relationship than just sex" and they were the most successful in dating what they considered attractive and it wasn't settling by a long shot for them.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,090,283 times
Depends on the guy. Some are, some aren't. To be perfectly blunt, if no men ever hit on you - I don't think it's because you are too beautiful.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:49 PM

148 posts, read 290,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
If you filled a room with 8's+, I bet a third of them would have some major personality defect, yes. But then the other 2/3 not so much. I've met plenty of beautiful women who were amazing in every sense of the word and plenty of unattractive women who had terrible personalities. To say that all beautiful women are vapid or gold-diggers or shallow or dumb is just ridiculous.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I got that. He was also talking about you.
This guy. He get it. Meaning he agrees with what I'm saying and gets it. And I'm not "This guy" since I'm a woman.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,691,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
If you filled a room with 8's+, I bet a third of them would have some major personality defect, yes. But then the other 2/3 not so much. I've met plenty of beautiful women who were amazing in every sense of the word and plenty of unattractive women who had terrible personalities. To say that all beautiful women are vapid or gold-diggers or shallow or dumb is just ridiculous.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,133,257 times
Quote:
Many men who should be attracted to women, the OP describes in her thread, aren't because they know they are vapid and a waste of time.

That's an awful generalization if I must say. Yes, there are some beautiful people who aren't worth sh it in the long run. However, in my experience, I've dated some very sweet, thoughtful people who happened to be beautiful. I really hate the whole "stereotype" that all good looking people are awful, yet the average ones are all the "salt of the earth." Which couldn't be more wrong in my eyes. I've seen some of the worst attitudes on the "average" women per se' then ever by the "good looking" ones. Perhaps, they are just jaded. I don't know, nor do I care enough to figure it out. The bottom line is that there are many good looking people who are truly decent people and many average women who are decent as well. There are also many average men/ women who are not nice at all. The same I'm sure could be said for good looking people. Judge a person by their character not by their looks.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
I didn't say they all were. I clarified my statement with my experience and I said, within my social circle I have found this. I also reinterated, what is "Attractive" by one is NOT 'attractive' to someone else. It's totally subjective and you cannot judge what one finds 'attractive' on an entire gender of women or men.

That tall, leggy blonde you think every one is staring at and drooling over, may actually be unattractive to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships