Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:31 PM

97 posts, read 147,225 times

Advertisements

I am interested in a girl, but she isn't interested in anyone. But there is a guy - call him a rival, if you will - who also has an interest in her. Problem is, he too has a good job and most of all extremely handsome, like a movie star. I am no match for him.

Feel so depressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Horsecrap. You are much more intelligent, clever, and are bolder than he is! Right?

Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
I am interested in a girl, but she isn't interested in anyone. But there is a guy - call him a rival, if you will - who also has an interest in her. Problem is, he too has a good job and most of all extremely handsome, like a movie star. I am no match for him.

Feel so depressed.
Is this your 18 year-old "potential" GF? How old is the other guy? Maybe he is closer to her age.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:

Feel so depressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDNtqy0zjJA

Old 01-19-2014, 01:44 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:

Feel so depressed.

she's 18, you're 30 and you're being a wuss like this? good lord dude. you don't deserve anyone until you can get yourself a pair of balls

Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I don't know the situation... but if others are correct and you're 30 and she's 18....

It's time to move on.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Plenty of barely legals out there

Old 01-19-2014, 02:36 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
That's terrific. The information you're sharing with us suggests that the only thing he has going for him over you is that he's better looking. If that's the case, this sounds like an opportunity to reach down inside, identify what it is about yourself that's truly unique and special, and develop those traits into something that will set you apart and put you head and shoulders above any romantic rival.

What are you good at? What is it about you that's truly remarkable? What do you have to offer that nobody else has going for them? Find it. Figure out what it is about you that makes you a better catch than him, and then figure out how to develop that aspect of who you are and present it in a way that leaves no doubt in her mind and her heart that she can't take the chance of letting you get away.

And if, after all that, she still wants him because his picture looks nicer than yours, that's great too. Because you found out early that you two just aren't compatible.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 01-19-2014 at 03:22 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 03:20 AM

97 posts, read 147,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
she's 18, you're 30 and you're being a wuss like this? good lord dude. you don't deserve anyone until you can get yourself a pair of balls
What are you talking about???? She is only a year younger than me.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:

Feel so depressed.
I'm sorry. That must suck. Guess you'll have to find a girl who absolutely cannot do any better than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships