Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 09:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

too much in the past of wanting to "share"???.

then when marriage is over -- what are my car and house and job doing in my hands instead of yours?
when a consumptive society runs out of resources what do they consume next?
each other.

great line from james bond movie skyfall

Raoul Silva

• [repeated line, onscreen text that appears on M's computer screen.] Think on your sins.
  • [first lines.] Hello James, welcome. Do you like the island? [chuckles.] My grandmother had an island when I was a boy. Nothing to boast of. You could walk along it in an hour. But still, it was - it was a paradise for us. One summer, we came for a visit and discovered the whole place had been infested with rats. They'd come on a fishing boat and had gorged themselves on coconut. So how do you get rats off an island, hmm? My grandmother showed me. We buried an oil drum, and hinged the lid. Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait. The rats come for the coconut, and... [imitates metallic scuttering.] They fall into the drum, and after a month, you've trapped all the rats. But what did you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean? Burn it? No. You just leave it. And they begin to get hungry, then one by one... [imitates rat munching sound.] They start eating each other, until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what - do you kill them? No. You take them, and release them into the trees. Only now, they don't eat coconut anymore. Now they will only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors; this is what she made us.
  • [onscreen text, as his laptop breaches Q Branch's security, unlocking his holding cell.] Not such a clever boy.
  • [to his henchmen, about M] Everyone, listen to me! Don't you dare touch her! She's mine!
  • Do you see what comes of all this running around, Mr. Bond? All this jumping and fighting, it's exhausting! Relax. You need to relax... Ah well, mother's calling. I will give her a good-bye kiss for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
you mean a woman would cheat on me after putting out all that money for a ring????????

Old 12-07-2014, 09:54 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
Do Millennials-- people in my generation-- care about marriage anymore? I'm constantly asked for relationship and dating advice and hear a lot about how people want to be in relationships. What I'm not hearing is what comes after the dinner dates, going out, and so forth.
The way today’s society is set up I would say “no”, people do not want to get married or be in relationships. It is way too easy for people to live out their lives independently and alone these days whereas relationships and especially marriage requires continual work and commitment. Unfortunately too many view this condition as some sort of “improvement” rather than the societal failing that it actually is. One could just as easily ask "what happened to romance?"

Old 12-07-2014, 10:16 PM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
you mean a woman would cheat on me after putting out all that money for a ring????????
Not gonna lie, I LOL'd at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Unfortunately too many view this condition as some sort of “improvement†rather than the societal failing that it actually is.
Society had it's failings and eventual death built right in from the get-go. It just took until the Information Age for many to be able to see them and realize that something wasn't right.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Not gonna lie, I LOL'd at that.

Society had it's failings and eventual death built right in from the get-go. It just took until the Information Age for many to be able to see them and realize that something wasn't right.

LMAO, Im confident I don't want to get married anymore

Old 12-07-2014, 10:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
LMAO, Im confident I don't want to get married anymore
Awww you can't say that, you may find your nice toes lady whom likes to do naked twister.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awww you can't say that, you may find your nice toes lady whom likes to do naked twister.
half-naked lol

Old 12-07-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
half-naked lol
Half naked?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 PM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Even if he does, what possible motivation would he have to get married?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Even if he does, what possible motivation would he have to get married?
Ahhhh Daniel son.....have a seat.

There are many.

Companionship
-someone to put your hemroid cream on from being pregnant.
-carrying your child
-memories-huge life experiences
-someone to wipe your butt when you are too old.

Benefits
-401 k combo
-social security combo
-health insurences
(Why do you think the gays wanted the same marriage benefits? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships