Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times

Advertisements

A Humans of New York post I read today on FB says it all.

“My wife is much more of an intellectual than I am. She actually had one of her friends read a verse from The Odyssey at our wedding. I prefer comic books. I think it bugged her at first. I never wanted to read the same books as her, and I wasn’t as well spoken, and she’d always correct me when I used double negatives. But I think she came to appreciate that I’m wise in other ways. I think I’m better at reading people, for example. So now she just does her intellectual stuff without me. I’ll cook breakfast in the morning while she goes to the coffee shop and annotates James Joyce. I’m serious. She does it every morning.”

Most women would like to date guys with certain criteria, but if the stumble on some guy that interests them it all kind of goes out the window. Just do you and quit worrying about what women think, it doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 07:41 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Women, in general, are more aristocratic than men are. Women will only date at or above their socio-economic level. There are exceptions.
They're strongly inclined to marry up, yes. When it comes to random hookups, on the other hand, class (in every sense of the word) goes right out the window.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:28 PM

615 posts, read 725,994 times
They marry down because they have to, not because they want to.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Why do men date women with big boobs?

They like them.

Why do women date men with degrees?

Some of them are smart that's why.

Any questions?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why do men date women with big boobs?

They like them.

Why do women date men with degrees?

Some of them are smart that's why.

Any questions?
Yes.

Your logic is perfect for women who like intelligent men. But to require A (a degree) in the hopes of finding B (someone intelligent) is roundabout.

It's like the aforementioned guys requiring that a woman shop at Lane Bryant rather than requiring big boobs. Does one imply the other? It can....but some other times, you might not like what you end up with.

"I require intelligence in a man" is more straightforward (and logical) than "I require a college degree in a man", which was the OP's concern.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:55 PM

So guys want a thin woman with big boobs? Isn't that a given?

I agree with "the requirements of an Intelligent man".Like I said before in other post on here a degree doesn't make one smart.My last post was sarcastic.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:58 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
LOL. The very last thing women are attracted to in a man is "intelligence." They like degrees for the same reason they like expensive cars: they're a status symbol.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
LOL. The very last thing women are attracted to in a man is "intelligence." They like degrees for the same reason they like expensive cars: they're a status symbol.
Eh, no.Had them and just like the dumb ones they can be jerks.

My ex was ideal, goodlooking, smart, good pay......but at last he was just another boy child.

Smart men with the combo of common sense is more sought for.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times
I have two degrees, and I'm still single and have a s**t job. I once had a boss who dropped out of high school in his sophomore year, and he's a business owner with an awesome wife and a nice house sitting on a couple of acres. And no, neither of us are exceptions to the rule. Well, not so much at least. People of our ilk are gradually becoming the rule.

College may have been the magical solution for decades, but in 21st century America, the dearth of skilled labor is beginning to rear its ugly head. I don't want anything to do with a woman who's snobby about college degrees, so that might be a factor in me being single.

Last edited by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥; 01-21-2015 at 08:31 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
So guys want a thin woman with big boobs? Isn't that a given?

I agree with "the requirements of an Intelligent man".Like I said before in other post on here a degree doesn't make one smart.My last post was sarcastic.
You'd be surprised. I mean, I do...but in my circle, they like them small. I'll never understand it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships