Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Are you a bodybuilder?
He is muscular, definitely works out from the photo I saw.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
I wouldn't mind a sexy cougar girlfriend but attractive older women tend to want rich 40 year old dudes from what I've seen. I make very good money (especially for my age) but I'm not really established like that - I still live in an apartment. I won't be getting my first house for a year or two

Where would I go to find somebody like your friend anyways?

Thank you for the kind words btw. I am not homophobic at all and I've always been VERY nice to the gay men who were pursuing me.
It depends on where you live.

If you are trying to meet girls in their 20s any sort of college-y establishment will be a good bet. But for older women, you probably want to hang out in places that are a little more upscale. Maybe try some wine bars, cocktail lounges?

I think that a lot of people get choosier about where they go as they get more money and refine their tastes a little. You will always find those die hard clubgoers who are in their 40s, but at least in my acquaintance, loud, cheap and crowded only holds a once in a while appeal.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 PM

113 posts, read 275,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
He is muscular, definitely works out from the photo I saw.

thanks

I'm a little fat right now but when I get in serious shape, I can look pretty good. I tend to get very defined in the face and the V Taper comes out a lot more. I'm around 225 pounds

Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
It depends on where you live.

If you are trying to meet girls in their 20s any sort of college-y establishment will be a good bet. But for older women, you probably want to hang out in places that are a little more upscale. Maybe try some wine bars, cocktail lounges?

I think that a lot of people get choosier about where they go as they get more money and refine their tastes a little. You will always find those die hard clubgoers who are in their 40s, but at least in my acquaintance, loud, cheap and crowded only holds a once in a while appeal.

Would a hot older woman really be open to dating somebody like me?

That seems crazy to me. Like I've said, I've always presumed attractive older women would want a rich husband in their 40s

I would want a girl in her 20s for serious long term dating but I would be open to dating a cougar, even a monogamous relationship. Plenty of older women I've met were very nice and very personable

Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Dude!, the way you have defended yourself after almost every other post tells me that either A) You are taking yourself way to seriously and just need to lighten up, B)Are tremendously insecure, or C)having a tough time with something you are afraid to recognize in yourself. You pick one. I don't know you, haven't seen how you act, all I am doing is reading all your posts.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
I've always received a ton of attention from gay men without even seeking it out at all. Whenever I see a homosexual dude (IE clearly gay) in some sort of social gathering, he nearly always hits on me and compliments me up and down a 100 times. On the flip side, I receive very little attention like that from women - and it's usually women who I don't find attractive at all. I'm not even talking about getting approached, just any signs of interest would be great and I can't remember the last time I had a cute girl who clearly wanted to talk to me. The last few women who were crazy over me were just not attractive at all

Why is this? I look very masculine, have a deep voice and generally masculine mannerisms so I know they don't think I am gay (not that gay men can't be masculine but I don't have any gay "traits")

What would cause a straight man to be very attractive to gay men but not straight women?
You might be "masculine" but you are giving off signals. Many metrosexual guys are often mistaken for being gay. It's just a fact of life for them.

As for girls, generally, they wait for YOU to do the initiating on a conversation. They may be attracted but don't want to appear eager. And then there is always the possibility they think you are gay too.

a photo would help us answer this more intelligently.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You might be "masculine" but you are giving off signals. Many metrosexual guys are often mistaken for being gay. It's just a fact of life for them.
I wouldn't consider myself metro. I take care of myself and dress nice but I don't cross that area into metro category... I can generally get ready to go somewhere in 15 minutes (shower, put on cologne and get dressed). I don't even really like women who are high maintenance, I don't want to be a high maintenance guy

Quote:
As for girls, generally, they wait for YOU to do the initiating on a conversation. They may be attracted but don't want to appear eager.
Makes sense but I do wish I would know which ones to initiate

I absolutely hate approaching a girl when I'm clearly not her type

Old 01-21-2014, 02:41 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Makes sense but I do wish I would know which ones to initiate

I absolutely hate approaching a girl when I'm clearly not her type
Why is that such a huge deal? If you see someone you like, go talk to her. If she's interested, she'll talk back, if not, you walk away. No harm done.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
Stop swishing and then see what happens.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:46 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
This thread is closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships