Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 01:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
You misread me.

The point I was making is that those women are able to get dates far easier than men. If a girl uses online dating, especially, she will have to wade through all of her messages, while men usually will not get anything.

For example, my FWB is probably at my level looks-wise (and below my level in other aspects of her life). Still, she set up a dating profile and has been going out on dates with ease. I, however, have to go out and make approaches and actually put in effort to get a girl.

You can say that we are both average, but she has to put in 0 effort to get dates, while I have to put in considerable effort.
oh geez Are you REALLY complaining about having to be a man??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yeah, it was a weak attempt to add some levity to my preachiness, but....damn....I just can't even.....ugh. I have a hard time with people who claim to be interested in the opposite sex but show nothing but contempt for the opposite sex. Especially when they're over the age of 25 or so.
I feel your pain, lol.

Like you, I want so much to be able to help the misguided and miserable who show up here regularly to complain about their lots in life.

I have come to accept that you really cannot save some people from themselves though

Still, the optimist in me does keep trying!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:45 PM

184 posts, read 168,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stating how it is.

Besides, gender roles are flipped since radical feminism has become the societal norm. Thus, there is no "being a man" anymore.

We support gender neutrality on this forum.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:44 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Exacty what are the choices available to him?

Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not complaining, and just getting on with his life?

Old 01-25-2014, 05:32 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
You misread me.

The point I was making is that those women are able to get dates far easier than men.
No, I read you correctly. You may have misread my response. My point was that all heterosexual dates consist of a man and a woman. That means for every woman who gets a date, a man also gets a date. That means, statistically, it is equally difficult for a man and a woman to get a date.

(That is unless you believe the pathetic stuff about 20% of the guys juggling an average of four or five girlfriends while the other 80% get none. Even in that case, it would still be equally difficult ON AVERAGE for men and women to get dates, but the standard deviation would be much greater for men than women.)

Old 01-25-2014, 05:38 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stating how it is.
You're not stating how it is. You're stating your view, which is so distorted and bass-ackwards (i.e. the privileged are the oppressed and vice-versa) that it comes across as nothing but pure whining. You could probably get a gig on Fox News with that mindset, though, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

Quote:
Besides, gender roles are flipped since radical feminism has become the societal norm.
Oh brother. To tie in to the other thread, the fact that views as twisted as yours exist is EXACTLY why we need more people to have well-rounded higher educations. Holy knuckle-drag, Batman.

Quote:
there is no "being a man" anymore.
Not for you, anyway. That much is quite clear!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Quit. If you feel the game is rigged against you why play?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Everyone here is (partially) correct.

Women have MORE options than men in the dating world. When I say "dating world,' I'm referring to people between the ages of 18 and 35. I think the men here are focused on the habits of younger ladies while the women are looking at all women and their available options.

Now, while women have more options, most are less than ideal. Take your pick: adulterers, PUA's, abusers, commitment-phobes etc. Men see that Heather X has at least two dates per week. What they don't see is that those dates are with men that completely incompatible with her personality. Men typically approach women so we don't really have to weed anyone out. If we aren't interested, we'll stay away. We can watch from afar and make judgments about your character, looks etc. Women are confronted with making these decisions on the spot (will you go out with me?).

I think both sides would benefit from being in each other's shoes. Most women that claim to receive little attention from men, probably see far more attention than a man of comparable looks. Men want to feel desired and only the hottest of guys receive that validation. Men would eventually get tired of subpar women trying to get in their pants. Of course, I think men would have way more fun with that than women being completely ignored (regardless of boob or butt size).

Old 01-25-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not complaining, and just getting on with his life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Quit. If you feel the game is rigged against you why play?

Ro and Ruth hit the nail on the head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships