Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:34 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,787 times

Advertisements

Well, it's out there now. I caught herpes from my wife. When I said "til death do you part" i expected that it would be as such, and if I contracted it from her, it wouldn't have made a difference. So now it is what it is.

To be honest, I feel like a leper now. I put up two OLD profiles. Both were identical with the exception of one, where I stated out right I have it, and one did not. I've since deleted both. The one I was up front on, obviously got no flirts, no "want to meet", and the other OLD got quite a few over a two month period. Fair enough. It's what I expected. I'm a guy who likes to be up front about things, anything else seems manipulative.

A good friend of mine, who also has it, suggested that I get them all hot and bothered to the point where, in the throws of passion, they won't care, again, that is wrong to me. If I asked you ladies how would you react, no offense, but I don't expect honest answers, so I won't even ask. But I do prose these questions to the masters of relationships on here:

Should I only target women with herpes?

Should I accept that maybe I should avoid relationships all together?

Should I go out with women and if we get to that point, just use my hands (I'm good with my hands)? and maybe oral?

Any other suggestions?

Go on, hit me with your best shot! Also, to my knowledge, you cannot contract it through using the same forum as me, so you should be safe.

Boy, this is going to be fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 04:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Herpes people deserve love, too.

Bring it up before you sleep with her.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:40 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,494 times
There are two types of herpes simplex virus (HSV), type 1 and type 2. Both types are highly contagious and can be passed easily from one person to another by direct contact. Genital herpes is usually transmitted by having sex (vaginal, anal or oral) with an infected person. Even if someone with genital herpes does not have any symptoms, it is possible for them to pass the condition on to a sexual partner.
At least 8 out of 10 people who carry the virus are unaware they have been infected because there are often few or no initial symptoms. However, certain triggers can activate the virus, causing an outbreak of genital herpes.

Who is affected?

Genital herpes is a common condition, especially between people aged 20-24 years. In 2011, 30,338 people attended a sexual health clinic in the UK with an attack of genital herpes for the first time.
Read more about how genital herpes is diagnosed.

Treating genital herpes-

Although there is no cure for genital herpes, the symptoms can usually be controlled using antiviral medicines.
However, it is important to prevent the spread of genital herpes by avoiding sex until symptoms have cleared up and continuing to use a condom afterwards.

I would be very cautious about it and expect a man to be completely honest. If I felt a strong connection with him I would go get more advice on the condition before making my final decision.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:42 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
I believe there are dating sites for people with herpes. A quick google search turns up several, positivesingles, and hdate, for example. That may be the easiest approach.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_iLTfG75s6g

Old 01-21-2014, 04:52 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,494 times
Thanks for the rep

Old 01-21-2014, 04:53 PM

I appreciate the feedback! I am dealing with a huge insecurity over this issue, So let me ask you ladies, and gentlemen, if someone took all the precautions, and was honest, would you still have sex them? LTR??

Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,573 times
Gosh I think if that happened to me I'd abstain from any form of relationships that could pass it on to someone else -- I just wouldn't want to take a chance to pass it on. Or find a man with herpes -- but I'd need to understand the outcome of 2 people with herpes being sexual partners. Does that mean they would constantly have outbreaks? I don't know enough about it to know the answers

Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Gosh I think if that happened to me I'd abstain from any form of relationships that could pass it on to someone else --
Thank you!! This is how I feel at the moment. I can't imagine being responsible for ever passing this on to another person who already doesn't have it!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Thank you!! This is how I feel at the moment. I can't imagine being responsible for ever passing this on to another person who already doesn't have it!
Have a relationship with like other person.

There are single personals URL's for people with STD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships