Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
post a pic or I dont belive you.
I don't care whether some random stranger, likely male, believes me about my appearance.

I don't post pics as I tend to find guys use photos for **** bank and I'm not interested in handing out material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Because women are turned off by inconclusiveness?
As are men.

Once again we're even.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
No. That's not how I've seen that it works.

A woman, no matter what her beauty, will typically have a number of options set in front of her. A beautiful woman will have many options. Lesser looking women will have less options. It's up to that woman to decide if she likes the options laid in front of her.

I have not many any women who do not have at least one relatively normal man as an option. So, in that sense, being dateless is a choice.

But, in reality, they have a certain level of man they desire. Beautiful women from what I have seen have tremendous options. Average women are typically pretty content with their choices. Some women closer to the bottom are typically not too happy with what they can get.
+1. OP is a myth.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Your "just so you know" is quite irrelevant to the discussion as whether you love gals or not wasn't even mentioned. Unless for some reason you think me stating you want to date an attractive gal because you want sex means you don't love gals....

I highly doubt it we'll do better on the next one as you seem illogical, backtrack on your posts, evade, and post nonsensical bs. I will probably laugh harder on the next one though.
You're not laughing at all. All your posts are coming from a butthurt emotional place because you have a chip on your shoulder about men.

My take:

Good looking women can be lonely. The ones here claiming they are beautiful are probably just cute or a step above. Women tend to over estimate their beauty.

They can be lonely only out of their own doing. Cute to beautiful will always have potential suitors. It's when they judge themselves too highly and refuse all their suitors, thinking they can do better is when they can get lonely. Some get pumped and dumped regularly by good looking guys who never commit, some get into LTRs with higher level guys that don't work out, and others just keep waiting around. Eventually they come back to earth, rationalize what they are now attracted to and marry some poor nice guy who they later cheat on and divorce.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
Because every guy assumes she is taken or is nervous of asking her out, so she remains....dateless? Or is this an urban myth promoted to give men everywhere false courage? Is it perhaps true more often than it is false?
I think that for the most part, its a myth. Beautiful women will NEVER want of attention from men. EVER. So its highly unlikely that they would be lonely.

Now they may be single (as in not in a committed relationship) because often they are waiting to meet men who look like George Clooney with bank accounts like George Lucas.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:54 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
I don't care whether some random stranger, likely male, believes me about my appearance.

I don't post pics as I tend to find guys use photos for **** bank and I'm not interested in handing out material.
Ewww at least they aren't throwing up.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 AM

543 posts, read 534,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm going by what women have said on talk shows--that NO ONE approaches them at parties (or elsewhere)! Even when their friends in the crowd encourage guys who say they're interested.
I realize it can seem contradictory; you have to follow from my first couple of posts here, where I try to make it clear I'm talking about at least 2 different types of women--those who look "hot", who tend to attract only the wrong kind of attention, and those who look attractive/pretty/beautiful but not in a racy/sexy way (like the women discussed in the 1st paragraph above, here). There are many varieties of "beautiful" out there. Each attracts different types of guys, and tends to have different sorts of problems relating to that.

Well, I had to add the bolded, in anticipation that some guy would say (as they so often do, here): "but at least she has the prospect of sex!" Women need selfish, guy-centered sex like they need a hole in the head.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
You're not laughing at all. All your posts are coming from a butthurt emotional place because you have a chip on your shoulder about men.
Nice mansplaining tell me what I do. However I was laughing and I am now laughing again this time at you.

I don't have any chip on my shoulder about guys as I have no reason. I get the amusement/entertainment I want from guys and I do what I want when I want with plenty of guys eager to take the next one's place when I'm done.

Just because you don't like my posts because they don't fawn over and praise guys doesn't mean I'm butthurt if anything it means you're butthurt.

In fact if all my posts come from the place you claim show me such a post and tell me what I'm butthurt about and what this chip is about. I doubt you can as it seems you're projecting your butthurt perceiving my posts as some attack on males.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ewww at least they aren't throwing up.
Meh I'd actually prefer it if they were throwing up since that would mean they'd cut off contact with me instead of pester me. Though the pestering does have it's benefits like getting forwarded money with no strings I intend to fulfill.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,691 times
Quote:
Nice mansplaining tell me what I do. However I was laughing and I am now laughing again this time at you.

I don't have any chip on my shoulder about guys as I have no reason. I get the amusement/entertainment I want from guys and I do what I want when I want with plenty of guys eager to take the next one's place when I'm done.

Just because you don't like my posts because they don't fawn over and praise guys doesn't mean I'm butthurt if anything it means you're butthurt.
Yeah lots of guys are thirsty for easy chicks. The dorks are the ones that want to stay around. You keep telling yourself you're doing the replacing. The guys you really want are replacing and using you, and we both know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships