Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I had a woman who I met who worked for a government agency run a very comprehensive check on me using government resources. I made the mistake of giving her my business card when I first met her. She seemed nice enough and emailed me at work one day. The next thing I know she's telling me about real estate I own and when the last time I got a ticket. She stalked me for several months
Anyone can find that stuff out just by using the common people-search websites. They don't need access to gov't resources. Those websites already have access to gov't records that are public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 02:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
You can find a lot of that information out, but you have to pay a service most likely. Also, that's really weird behavior.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:48 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAdvice View Post
What do you mean...'stalked you'....?
Followed me, called me, texted me non stop, showed up while I was out on a date. She was nuts, but at least she wasn't violent.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:51 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
So the consensus seems to be that no one would really care if they were in my shoes and had the same happen to them....

Oh well, guess I'm just an overly private person

I'm totally aware people do this all the time, just kinda surprised someone I barely know did it -and- actually told me they did (and brought up things I care NOT to be reminded of )

ETA: Oh..and then said they were 'just kidding'.
So they didn't do it. So nothing to fret about right?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Anyone can find that stuff out just by using the common people-search websites. They don't need access to gov't resources. Those websites already have access to gov't records that are public.
Yep.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
So the consensus seems to be that no one would really care if they were in my shoes and had the same happen to them....

Oh well, guess I'm just an overly private person

I'm totally aware people do this all the time, just kinda surprised someone I barely know did it -and- actually told me they did (and brought up things I care NOT to be reminded of )

ETA: Oh..and then said they were 'just kidding'.
This is weird, too. It's obvious they weren't kidding, because they had accurate info on you that they hadn't had before, and also they were reading the results of the search to you in real time, and even corrected themselves once, after misinterpreting the results.

So, I guess you know he's a liar, now, fwiw.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM

149 posts, read 206,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is weird, too. It's obvious they weren't kidding, because they had accurate info on you that they hadn't had before, and also they were reading the results of the search to you in real time, and even corrected themselves once, after misinterpreting the results.

So, I guess you know he's a liar, now, fwiw.

^Well, I guess that's the part I will never know for sure...was the information he stated just coincidental, or did he really do it and then lie about it?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM

339 posts, read 379,699 times
I run background checks on everyone I know, and I mean EVERYONE. Especially potential romantic partners.

But it's just because I'm weird like that.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Soooo....ummmm....I don't know what to think of this. I wonder can you actually run a background check on someone with just their name (I have a very very unique name)? Also, the things he said were very true: I have a TON of student loan debt and also was arrested around age 22 for unknowingly driving under a license suspended due to an old unpaid parking ticket.

Is it just a coincidence he said these two things that are actually true? If not and he did run a check on me and admitted to it...now I'm kinda embarrassed actually. Or should I not even care? Would you?
I always look people up, and yes, you can find out those sorts of things.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM

149 posts, read 206,711 times
^And do ya'll report back to the people you're running these checks on with your 'findings'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships