Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
It just comes across reading your posts. You've got all of us men figured out. No man out there is genuine. They all want nothing more than to "get your cookies". (To quote a hilarious movie)
Mmmm... cookies. Quite tasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
It just comes across reading your posts. You've got all of us men figured out. No man out there is genuine. They all want nothing more than to "get your cookies". (To quote a hilarious movie)
So to you stating 'my experience on gentlemanly behavior' = 'talking about all men' rather than talking about the guys I've encountered displaying gentlemanly behavior. Seems more like you're projecting that due to perceived attacks on your gender because you don't like my post.

Nowhere do I make any statements, suggestions, or implications that I've got all guys figured out. If anything I make sure to state what is my experience, observations, guess, doubts, or what it seems to be in my opinion.

Really seems like you're lacking reading comprehension as nowhere do I state, suggest, or imply no man out there is genuine if anything I even stated encountering quite a few genuine guys outside of America.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,957 times
udolipixie why don't you just do us American women a favor and just marry one of your gay female friends, or, if all are taken, find one and save the good straight American men to us? Seems like for those of us who have little trouble finding them it'd be great for everyone!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
So to you stating 'my experience on gentlemanly behavior' = 'talking about all men' rather than talking about the guys I've encountered displaying gentlemanly behavior. Seems more like you're projecting that due to perceived attacks on your gender because you don't like my post.

Nowhere do I make any statements, suggestions, or implications that I've got all guys figured out. If anything I make sure to state what is my experience, observations, guess, doubts, or what it seems to be in my opinion.

Really seems like you're lacking reading comprehension as nowhere do I state, suggest, or imply no man out there is genuine if anything I even stated encountering quite a few genuine guys outside of America.
Babe, you're starting to become somewhat of a running joke around here. Your statements always carry a generalized all men tone to them, then when confronted you fall back on "well that's just my experience" and blame the reader for bias.

Secondly, not sure if it was this thread or another, but you gloated how men send you money with no strings. This doesn't exist and you contradicted yourself.. My assumption, and by reading your posts I think many here would agree, is you believe that men (that you're leading on) giving you money, taking you out, and giving you gifts is "gentlemanly" behavior. Then when you don't hook up with them, they lash out. Your experience is not the norm. You said yourself you target trust fund dorks and you lead them on so they give you money. Of course dorkus malorkus is going to lash out when some bimbo conned him out of his cash with no nookie.

Last edited by Caddy1316; 01-24-2014 at 06:49 AM..

Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Babe, you're starting to become somewhat of a running joke around here. Your statements always carry a generalized all men tone to them, then when confronted you fall back on "well that's just my experience" and blame the reader for bias.

Secondly, not sure if it was this thread or another, but you gloated how men send you money with no strings. This doesn't exist. My assumption, and by reading your posts I think many here would agree, is you believe that men (that you're leading on) giving you money, taking you out, and giving you gifts is "gentlemanly" behavior. Then when you don't hook up with them, they lash out. Your experience is not the norm. You said yourself you target trust fund dorks and you lead them on so they give you money. Of course dorkus malorkus is going to lash out when some bimbo conned him out of his cash with no nookie.
I wish I could rep you again!

I think you are right on the mark! She seems to have a very warped idea of what "gentlemanly behavior" is or something. It truly baffles me. And, at least by MY definition of gentlemanly behavior I doubt men abroad are that much better than American men, especially since, while of course every woman has dealt with plenty of jerks with ulterior motives, plenty of women have attested to meeting many great men.

I bet a large part of it is due to her going around looking like this:

Or, even quite possibly, this:

But if she HONESTLY looks more like this:

Then I HIGHLY doubt she would have NEAR as much trouble finding nice, straight, American gentlemanly men as she so claims.

Just my 2c

Old 01-24-2014, 06:59 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I wish I could rep you again!

I think you are right on the mark! She seems to have a very warped idea of what "gentlemanly behavior" is or something. It truly baffles me. And, at least by MY definition of gentlemanly behavior I doubt men abroad are that much better than American men, especially since, while of course every woman has dealt with plenty of jerks with ulterior motives, plenty of women have attested to meeting many great men.

I bet a large part of it is due to her going around looking like this:

Or, even quite possibly, this:

But if she HONESTLY looks more like this:

Then I HIGHLY doubt she would have NEAR as much trouble finding nice, straight, American gentlemanly men as she so claims.

Just my 2c
She doesn't want to. After being burned one too many times by hot jerks, she's jaded with a chip, and is now the female equivalent of a guy using women for her body, only she uses guys for what they can provide her.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:18 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In my experiences it's generally almost only the really really old like 50.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
She doesn't want to. After being burned one too many times by hot jerks, she's jaded with a chip, and is now the female equivalent of a guy using women for her body, only she uses guys for what they can provide her.
From my long life experience women such as her are so jaded they wouldn't recognize a good real gentleman if he came and bit her in the ***. I'd be willing to be she's had the opportunity to meet plenty of good men but can't see the forest from the trees. Oh well, at least that's just more good men for those such as my daughter

On second thought, I wonder is she's really a troll.

Tell me udolipixie, if you went on a date with a man and he went to go open your car door or open a door to the restaurant for you do you normally scream "I CAN DO IT MYSELF!!!!"?

Old 01-24-2014, 07:29 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,687 times
I do all the gentlemanly stuff and get her a sandwich.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
What is it with men and sandwiches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships