Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 PM

29 posts, read 27,278 times

Advertisements

Bear with me, the story is kind of long.

I am in middle age and have been dating someone for over 10 months. They have a lot of qualities I've been looking for in a woman: Great sense of humor, Christian, chaste, extremely intelligent and mostly a gem of a human being. She has never been married, no kids, very attractive and hasn't dated someone for any length of time for 15 or more years. We clicked instantly and have been dating ever since.

I really like ... love ... the girl but I am at my wit's end.

But all is not well in Whoville. She is insanely jealous and behaves erratically sometimes. We might have a few nice days together, but eventually she'll start acting like a lunatic. She constantly worries that I'm going out with other people or searching the internet for profiles.

There have been at least three occasions where she has gone off on me while overcome with jealousy. Once, I was out for a beer and she slammed a patio door on my finger. This wasn't intentional, but she was mad enough to slam the door. More recently, she shoved me around the apartment.

In fairness, when she gets on one of her jealousy tangents, I'll usually say something sarcastic and that incites her even more.

Friday I was picking her up after a flat tire and finding out she was being laid off from her job. She was acting frantic about getting a new tire and was getting on my nerves. (She has no money and still wanted to spend $100 on a new tire for a car she is getting rid of in a few weeks.)

I forget what I said, but I responded sarcastically to something triggering her jealousy and she threw her french fries and a drink at me while driving. After raising my voice and taking her home, I threw the drink back at her and told her I was done with her. She refused to leave my car and I threatened to call the police.

She finally left the car and ask what was she going to do about her tire. I told her, "I don't really care anymore. That's your problem." Yes, I was ticked off.

I know I'm crazy to even ask, but she has such great qualities and I don't want to lose her. Is there any hope?

Expecting a tongue lashing from you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 06:03 PM

29 posts, read 27,278 times
P.S. We were looking at rings while Christmas shopping a few weeks ago. LOL

Old 01-05-2014, 06:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
Leave. Now.

She's abusive.

**** that ****.

Geez...can't figure out why she hasn't had a stable relationship????

RINGS??????

Old 01-05-2014, 06:05 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemosabe666 View Post
I know I'm crazy to even ask, but she has such great qualities and I don't want to lose her. Is there any hope?

Expecting a tongue lashing from you all.
She must have some extremely great qualities. I can't imagine living like that.

She pushed you around, threw food at you and slammed your finger in a door...and you still want to be with her?

Why???

I honestly can't imagine what is so great about this woman that it would negate all of this. You do realize there are women out there that won't treat you like crap, right?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:11 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
BTW.....sounds awesome. Go get married!

Morbid jealousy, also known as Othello syndrome or delusional jealousy, is a psychopathological condition in which a person holds a strong delusional belief that their spouse or sexual partner is being unfaithful without having any significant proof to back up their claim. In morbid jealousy, the overall basis of the psychopathological experience is the preoccupation with a partner’s sexual infidelity. The most common cited forms of psychopathology in morbid jealousy are delusions and obsessions

Morbid jealousy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
It's good you love her and too bad she's nutso.

Give it a few days and let her see the extent to which she's screwed up. I'm not sure if her problem is fixable. Have you talked to her about it when she was in between spells?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
I would swear that you were my friend and her boyfriend if it weren't for a few minor details that are off, you two sound just like them. Things didn't end up working out between them, but they still talk (torture) each other. I know she's seeing other people now and he probably is too. I think he always did, even when they were together. Of course, they are officially and publicly broken up now, but neither one of them tells the other that they're seeing others because neither wants the other to move on and both would launch into a jealous rage if they did. *sigh* Yeah, they're "special". Anyways, you don't sound like a good match.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
F*ck! I'd move a couple thousand miles away and change my name.
Get the hell out!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
It sounds like a recipe for headache and trouble if you continue down that path. It won't change and it is likely to get worse.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
A gem of a woman! Well, except for the insane jealousy and physical violence part. She can't hold down a relationship. Can she hold down a job? She was recently fired ... Is that a pattern too?

What are her wonderful qualities again? Chastity? It's weird, usually men who are so smitten with crazy women are mesmerized by the great sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships