Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 04:52 PM

432 posts, read 491,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This, this, this. If you can't get anyone to reply to you, then there is something wrong with your profile or what you are writing when you message people. It's easier to be bitter and blame OLD as being terrible and full of flakes and people that have too high of standards than to look a good look at what you are doing wrong.
Are you a guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 05:40 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Are you a guy?

I'm a guy and she was responding to my post. She is absolutely correct. I'll take it a bit further, if you aren't getting emails from women (not near as many as a woman would get, of course) then there is something wrong with your profile, or perhaps just you.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Are you a guy?
No, she's female.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm a guy and she was responding to my post. She is absolutely correct. I'll take it a bit further, if you aren't getting emails from women (not near as many as a woman would get, of course) then there is something wrong with your profile, or perhaps just you.
Well, that's my situation, for sure. How would I go on narrowing down what's wrong with my profile?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Yes, I generally only message women who are a good fit via the close matches or whose profiles make it seem they would be a good fit. I have not once received a response from them. Yesterday I got frustrated because a woman I messaged (and stated that she'd try to respond to any questions people had) viewed my profile but ignored my questions. I know you can't attract everyone, but the fact I can't get a response despite well-written, well thought out messages and questions really makes me question that there are any women who go after personality, at least online.
She said she'd try to respond so I'm not understanding the frustration as it's not like she promised something she didn't deliver. Also just because gals aren't going after your personality doesn't mean that there aren't gals who go after personality thinking otherwise could lead to a victim or martyr mentality that may keep you found acknowledging and resolving the flaws that prevent gals you want from reciprocating.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Well, that's my situation, for sure. How would I go on narrowing down what's wrong with my profile?
Well, it can't hurt to have your good female friends critique it for starters.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Are you a guy?
No, I am not a guy, but I stand by my position. If no one ever replies to you, then there is something off putting about your profile. Ask some of your female friends to look at it and give you feedback.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
No, I am not a guy, but I stand by my position. If no one ever replies to you, then there is something off putting about your profile. Ask some of your female friends to look at it and give you feedback.
I don't have any female friends. I've had an ex (from a relationship that ended with an amicable breakup) look at it in the past and she said it looked great. I'm an interesting, articulate guy I'd like to think. I just doesn't seem to come across for some reason. There's a bit of humor, an overview of my career and hobbies/passions, my outlook, things I enjoy doing (from cooking, to travel, to seeing shows, etc), and what I'm looking for in a partner. Like someone said above, almost no one wants to message or reply, and those who do have no interest in making much more than two word answers in conversations that go nowhere. I take that as the status quo with online dating.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I don't have any female friends.

That is a flag in itself right there. Why not?

Old 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is a flag in itself right there. Why not?
I don't have many. Mainly the ones that are my buddies girlfriends. I was questioned about it a year or so ago by a now defunct FWB. She wondered if I didn't have many female friends, because I didn't respect them. It wasn't that I didn't respect them, at the time I just didn't need them. I felt we used each other for sexual pleasure and the occasional hangout here and there. The few times I've had a go to really good female friend, the moment they got boyfriends I never heard from them again. At that point, I ended up getting more and more comfortable just having guy friends and then FWB female friends. It may just be my area, but when I had female friends, I was sleeping with a few of them. I never had that female friend that I could call up for a movie and it was just platonic in years.

I guess I got tired of doing the whole this is a fun friendship till they get a boyfriend. That gets old after a while. Now, I hear from my buddies girlfriends/wives and that makes me happy enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships