Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 PM

217 posts, read 325,965 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I don't find a problem with it and don't think about it.

If we do it on the first date, odds are we hit it off really well. The '*****' label doesn't pop into my head. That'd make me a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 07:55 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Your question asks what others think of girls who sleep with you on the first date...that infers that you, and the men you are asking, were also involved in this "sex on the first date", correct?
Your question smacks of that old double standard ... so perhaps you should be asking yourself what others think about YOU when you have sex with someone you just met.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Well, I have had my share of one night stands, and frankly they are long behind me now...many years ago.
I would not even consider sex with someone now, until I knew them well.

That said, at the end of my first date with the man I married (long ago, and now divorced) we did actually wind up on the floor. Really that was not my M.O at all, but we had met twice before, (he was a good friend of a friend) we had danced all night at a club (the night he asked me out), and there was just incredible chemistry there, right from the start. So the day we finally went out, it just seemed right to be together that night. If the spark is really strong and you have a good sense of the person, then sometimes you just follow your heart. I did. I fell head over heels and so did he.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:48 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
If a man thinks a woman is a s*** for having sex on the first date, he's probably better off not having sex with her...period. A person that "gets around" is more prone to having STD's and the like. Hypocritical to call someone a s*** and then have sex with them.
What's more disgusting with those types are the ones that expect the super low-count woman that actually will make them wait longer to accept him. Even worst are the pump and dumpers that demand a virgin girl as relationship material and nothing else.

I was reading a very disturbing post on that bodybuilding site a long while back about this manwhore that had history of not just sleeping around in his youth, but reckless sex without protection, pump and dumping and shaming them as well as sex addiction, drugs and alcoholic but said something like ''Found a good gf, took her virginity and that's that....I value female chastity'' and ''Virgin girls, ahhh''. According to that poster, I think that was like the 2rd or 3rd virginity he claimed to be in a relationship with and said ''Maybe I'll consider marrying her one day''.. Maybe, just a maybe??? ewww
That poor girl.

Not only that but he called a former ex virgin gf he had damaged goods because after they broke up, she decided to have a ONS. According to that poster she was damaged good forever to him. Talk about insulting someone you once were in a relationship with, had sex and love but suddenly they were never anything to you because they're damaged.

What did the poor girl saw in him I'll never know. But he claimed that she knew his past and all that, how he was open about it but still went on and give it away to him. His sn on that site is LordBroski. I have a feeling that his gf is totally naivee (if he even has a so called former virgin gf he claimed to be) and knows nothing about love and this guy likes takes advantage of that, has self-esteem issues or she was really deceived.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
Guys? To follow-up on this question.
Ho
Housewife
Are you saying there is no difference? Wouldn't you wonder how "easy" the woman is who does not know anything about you other than a few hours or casual meeting who has sex? If you are not taking her seriously then I get it but then again we are living in a time of serious sexual diseases.

I can't believe that a great woman would be regarded on the same level as a woman who prostitutes herself or is easy? If you sleep immediately would you be embarrassed to introduce the girl you are dating to your friends and she's slept with a few of your buddies. After all if it only takes a few drinks and some b.s. conversation, discretion is not on the top of the list.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:55 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredHope View Post
I've known many people who have sex on the first date and go on to get married or be together for awhile. I've also heard guys say they would never be with a girl who had sex on the first date long term because they figure she's a wh*re and if she's easy for him they assume she's that easy with everyone.

I guess I'm curious where most guys fall in their thinking about this. I tend to usually sleep with a guy on a first date and it's never really worked out. I want to stop doing it. I am dating this new guy and we had our first date today. Although we have actually been texting and skyping just about every day for a month. It was really a wonderful date and I had an awesome time. We eventually got food and went back to my house. We ended up pretty heavily making out and fooling around, but not actually having sex. I'm really worried I ruined it with him now
A woman that sleeps with me on the first date to me will be a woman who slept with me on the first date.

In other words, it doesn't matter much to me.

If it happens, it happens. Nothing we can do about it. I have as much responsibility to keep it in my pants as she does to keep her legs closed.

It takes two to tango.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I always have sex very early on in a relationship because sexual chemistry is one of my absolute deal breakers.

I've had 3 LTRs develop from sex on the first date.

All of my LTRs, including my now marriage of 20 years, started with sex on the first date.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I'm comfortable with being in a relationship with 2 types of women

The first group is women who value their sexuality and value special relationships and save their sexuality for a very limited few people with whom they are involved in ongoing, serious and exclusive relationships with but when they are in that serious, special and exclusive relationship, they are able to function and express themselves sexually without difficulty.

I am also OK with women who much of the world views as "promiscuous" but they also value their sexuality and value themselves but are comfortable and ok in being sexual with people that they may not be in a serious relationship with, but still demand respect and compassion and treat their partners with the same.

I am OK with either one of those groups of women because their common trait is that they value themselves, value their sexualities and are able to relate to people and connect with them in a healthy, respectfull and responsible manner. They only differ in the depth of the relationships and in the number.

The women I have absolutely no time for are women who are damaged goods and have multiple issues and will gladly get drunk and blow A-holes in bars and in cars in the parking lots and who will screw whatever douchebag that comes along that treats them like a street prostitute, but are dysfunctional and unable to relate to and be intimate with a decent guy who treats them with dignity and respect.

How these women differ from the first two groups is that are only attracted to men that use and then abandon them and are only sexually functional in relationships that are exploitive and toxic. They aren't able to function in a close and healthy relationship.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Your question asks what others think of girls who sleep with you on the first date...that infers that you, and the men you are asking, were also involved in this "sex on the first date", correct?
Your question smacks of that old double standard ... so perhaps you should be asking yourself what others think about YOU when you have sex with someone you just met.
Yes, no doubt its double standards. However, life have its double standards and this is one of them that's not going anywhere anytime soon. I know women who wear men clothing, actual men clothing to work, school or anywhere but its generally accepted. I see that on my job everyday, but let me walk in there in women clothing or go out in public in a pink halter top and see where that gets me. I'll be chased out of this small southern city. So that's another form of double standards and its been that way forever. You will always have the Casanovas and don juan's of the world who sleep around but they still will be desirable by many women knowing that fact. I have seen many catfights over attractive guys in my days. But a women who sleeps around like this will have every name in the book placed on her and I'm sure you know what some of those names are. Not saying this is right, but yeah this is one of life double standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships