Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 06:47 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are ugly men seen as creeps towards women?
Replace ugly with undesirable and you'd be right. Plenty of younger women throw the term around without thinking about it. And sure, plenty of legit creep behavior happens, like a man leering at a woman on the subway as he licks his lips.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Possibly ugly guys are seen as creeps towards gals as creepy means being unsettled/scared of something and likely ugly guy's attraction/attention is unwanted and unwanted overtures tend to be unsettling for some especially when one factors in how likely the guy is bigger/stronger than her and he may be desperate probably further adding to the uneasy of the situation.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I don't believe in the "friend zone." A woman either wants me or she doesn't. I don't believe in being a woman's friend if she rejects me.
This is your mistake.

A woman is not going to fall for you instantly as she might with someone handsome or a guy with an instantly likable personality. You need to give her time to get used to your face and find out what you are like as a person. At the same time you can subtly hint occasionally that you'd like more than just friendship.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:39 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
If a man is conventionally attractive, the "creep" alarm is less apt to go off in a woman's head. It's one of the reasons why a fair number of sexual predators are better looking than you'd suspect.

An unattractive man that's is slightly awkward in his demeanor and personality will be labeled a "creep" more quickly. This mainly applies to younger women (particularly the shallow types).

Old 01-27-2014, 08:40 PM

322 posts, read 504,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is your mistake.

A woman is not going to fall for you instantly as she might with someone handsome or a guy with an instantly likable personality. You need to give her time to get used to your face and find out what you are like as a person. At the same time you can subtly hint occasionally that you'd like more than just friendship.
That could take years.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
That could take years.
Do you only have a few months to live?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:39 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I have to disagree with some of the posters here, they say that a creep is actions or vibe and it has nothing to do with outer looks. Your welcome to lie to yourselves if you want. But let me give you an example that it is outward looks. A pretty girl is eating with friends, a boy stares at her, what is her response to her friends? Well one is Ewww im uncomfortable that creepy dude is stareing at me, wish he would stop yuck! get the pepper spray(ugly guy). The other response is OMG! that gorgeous, cute guy is staring at me hehehe im so flattered, wonder what his name is?(cute)
False. Staring is considered rude and is likely to be perceived as creepy no matter how attractive or unattractive you are.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Ok so staring is rude and creepy?

After this comedy club event I went to, I was walking behind this super hot girl and looking at the guys.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE one of them looked her up and down. The one's who had wives were a little more discreet and glanced for half a second. The guys who didn't have wives looked for a good 3 seconds. Even some of the wives stared at her.

It didn't matter how the girl would have reacted. I honestly don't know how you "react negatively" but it doesn't matter because I vouche that no matter how negative the girl acts...the guys would stare at her regardless. She was that hot.

So, by your logic EVERY SINGLE guy at the comedy club was CREEPY?
If you don't know how to subtly "check out" a woman in passing for a couple of seconds without being the creepy staring dude, you should learn. These are not at all the same thing, and most of us learn the difference in adolescence.

Last edited by nearnorth; 01-27-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Nope. I want to date women, I'm not trying to be their friend.
It's a shame that anyone would rule out over half of the population as potential friends, IMO. Having women as friends can help you with a lot of things, including dating them.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Quote:
I approached a girl one time and she said "You're too ugly to be talking to me." This was a few days ago btw.
I would have had to reply with "and you are to much of a b*tch for me to be talking to you!"

You seem to have a great sense of humor, literate, and intelligent. Use that to embolden yourself. I know you said you are introverted but break out of that shell. Do some volunteer work or something. I guarantee someone will see past anything in the way of physical traits that underneath is a good, quality person. Keep doing what you are doing! It will work out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships