Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I am a firm believer that women teach men how to treat them. You have to decide if you are willing to be treated that way.
That is exactly right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Like teaching a dog tricks?

Oh know, we have another dog trainer in here...

No, accepting behavior. If a woman accepts certain behaviors from a man, how would he even know she doesn't like it. Why would he have any desire to change? This is a 2-way street to me. You have to grow a backbone and make it clear that certain behaviors are not acceptable to you. Then the man can make the choice about what he wants to do.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:01 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Quote:
No, accepting behavior. If a woman accepts certain behaviors from a man, how would he even know she doesn't like it. Why would he have any desire to change? This is a 2-way street to me. You have to grow a backbone and make it clear that certain behaviors are not acceptable to you. Then the man can make the choice about what he wants to do.
Teach and gaining trust and respect are different things.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Like teaching a dog tricks?

Oh know, we have another dog trainer in here...
You are teaching the guy that you won't put up with disrespect.

Maybe it will teach some guy to talk to his date with a little more respect next time around - even if it's with another girl. I have always had zero tolerance for nasty, disrespectful talk. 1 strike and you're out.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
You are teaching the guy that you won't put up with disrespect.

Maybe it will teach some guy to talk to his date with a little more respect next time around - even if it's with another girl. I have always had zero tolerance for nasty, disrespectful talk. 1 strike and you're out.
No wonder the Cubs suck, I thought it was 3 strikes to be called out (?)...in any case.

I think everyone has their levels or tiers of disrespectful language they can tolerate. Some girls don't put up with swearing of any kind, some will happily trade offbeat remarks, it depends on the people and the relationship.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I've seen some women giggle when a guy says the nastiest, most disrespectful things to them. I can not stand that. I do not know why some women put up with this. If a guy talks to me that way, I have to resist the urge to tell him to f*ck off or slap him. At the minimum, I walk away immediately.

One time a guy in a bar started saying some nasty things about what he'd like to do and then licked his finger and pretended to touch my crotch. One of my guy friends saw it and punched him in the face and we ran out of the bar. The guy deserved to get punched in the face.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
No wonder the Cubs suck, I thought it was 3 strikes to be called out (?)...in any case.

I think everyone has their levels or tiers of disrespectful language they can tolerate. Some girls don't put up with swearing of any kind, some will happily trade offbeat remarks, it depends on the people and the relationship.
What was said to her really wasn't a personal preference type thing, it was lewd and inappropriate.

There are no 3 strikes on that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-28-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:

I am far from a prude, and can trade off color remarks with the best of them... Do you really think, in any circles, what the OP's date said would be considered respectful behavior? The OP seemed offended by it and I am surprised she put up with it.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Lol @ OP.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
You know when the batter swings early on a wild pitch that is 2 feet to the left of home plate? It is kind of like that. You now know the quality of the batter you are dealing with - just from that one strike. The batter needs to be sent back to the farm, immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships