Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What libido do you prefer from your partner?
Very strong, lust is always on top of everything else, 6-7 times per week. 17 20.99%
Strong, with a little time for other things, 4-5 times per week. 29 35.80%
Average, 2-3 times per week. 25 30.86%
Lower than average, 1 time per week. 2 2.47%
Low, 1-2 times per month. 1 1.23%
Very low, 1-6 times per year. 3 3.70%
Nonexistant, 0 times per year 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,930,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
My father told me that sex is a dirty nasty thing and only for having children. I have to agree, it is vastly overrated.
Well, that's his opinion and apparently yours. I have nothing but respect for your position but adamantly disagree. While the primary biological purpose of sex may be to procreate, there are literally dozens of other amazing benefits to it.

My wife and I already have three kids and we're not planning on adding any more. But anyone who believes for a second that our sex life is purely for pleasure at this point is mistaken. Sex is a human need, even outside of procreation. And while I am not a "sexpert" I know what has worked for me and my partner over the years. Bad days can be made good with a little intimate attention toward each other. Sex can seal the deal once an argument has ended and an agreement is found. Sex can renew one's interest in his or her partner if they have been going through a rut.

Like I said, I respect the opinion of those who believe sex is only for making babies. But I certainly do not envy them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,684,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
My father told me that sex is a dirty nasty thing and only for having children. I have to agree, it is vastly overrated.
My mother was like this until I turned 16, she just didn't want me to get in trouble early on in life.

Sex from a health standpoint is very healthy and not dirty in the least. I believe it is a very healthy action. That does not mean if you don't have sex you will wither up and die. Just look at monks and nuns or other abstinent people, they seem to be doing just fine.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,631,335 times
I'd prefer "Nonexistant, 0 times per year" as I'm quite selfish seeing sex as an activity that is mutually desired and done to give and get pleasure so I'm not inclined to do duty/obliged sex or just 'give it up' solely for his benefit. As well as I love my orgasms and enjoy my sexual pleasure and sex I doubt is designed for female orgasms/pleasure and as a heterosexual gal my partner would be a male and the male body I further doubt is designed for female orgasm/pleasure. So nonexistent would be suited for me as that would mean no nagging/pressuring/coercing for sex or enduring non orgasmic or pleasurable sex.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I'd prefer "Nonexistant, 0 times per year" as I'm quite selfish seeing sex as an activity that is mutually desired and done to give and get pleasure so I'm not inclined to do duty/obliged sex or just 'give it up' solely for his benefit. As well as I love my orgasms and enjoy my sexual pleasure and sex I doubt is designed for female orgasms/pleasure and as a heterosexual gal my partner would be a male and the male body I further doubt is designed for female orgasm/pleasure. So nonexistent would be suited for me as that would mean no nagging/pressuring/coercing for sex or enduring non orgasmic or pleasurable sex.
I think my d ick just fell off.

Nope still attached, but definitely wilted.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Bit off to me that the thought of others having a relationship with nonexistent sex wilts your d unless you're projecting yourself into such a relationship.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Bit off to me that the thought of others having a relationship with nonexistent sex wilts your d unless you're projecting yourself into such a relationship.
Just thinking about your preference wilts me.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Just thinking about your preference wilts me.
Quite an off libido you seem to have where others preferences seemingly have control over it.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,930,140 times
Quote:
I definitely agree with you that you and no other woman should "give it up" solely for "his" benefit. I believe in the mutual desire of a sexual relationship and that both partners should be on the same page.

I do question the validity of the bolded portion and am hoping you'll elaborate. Clearly I do not see this from a female perspective, but I feel my body is well-suited to accommodate female orgasms and pleasure. Males and females are complementary to each other. Now it is true that depending on a woman's preferences in an intimate situation, her partner may need to develop his technique in order to make her "click." I've been married for almost 8 years and my wife likes certain things that some of my previous partners did not like, and vice versa. This is a matter of adapting to each other, though and not a case of the male body not being well-suited for female orgasms.

What say you?

Old 02-02-2014, 01:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,688,448 times
Quote:

Lol.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I definitely agree with you that you and no other woman should "give it up" solely for "his" benefit. I believe in the mutual desire of a sexual relationship and that both partners should be on the same page.

I do question the validity of the bolded portion and am hoping you'll elaborate. Clearly I do not see this from a female perspective, but I feel my body is well-suited to accommodate female orgasms and pleasure. Males and females are complementary to each other. Now it is true that depending on a woman's preferences in an intimate situation, her partner may need to develop his technique in order to make her "click." I've been married for almost 8 years and my wife likes certain things that some of my previous partners did not like, and vice versa. This is a matter of adapting to each other, though and not a case of the male body not being well-suited for female orgasms.

What say you?
As for the validity of my doubts instead of going to your feelings of how suited you are to accommodate how about evidence such as every single time you've had penetration it resulted in a female orgasm. Egh in my opinion if males and females were complementary to each other the orgasm gap would be nonexistent and gals generally would orgasm from penetration alone...yet that isn't the case going by statistics and studies.

I say statistics and seemingly anatomy and physiology appear to disagree that it's a matter of adapting to each other and agree that it's the male body not being well-suited for female orgasms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships