Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

You don't deserve her. Poor girl. Let her go and get married to a guy who appreciates her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 AM

79 posts, read 139,788 times
How am I stringing her along if I have stated clearly that at this point I am not sure about marrying her? You women lashing out at me need to pay closer attention to what I have posted!!

So is it better to make a rushed decision into marriage and then divorce in 5-10 years? Then how many years are wasted?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
LOL @ "you women."

Answer the questions that have been asked.

YOU asked for feedback. If you settle down and reread yourself, you will note that no one has encouraged you to marry her.

Just answer the questions.

What would possibly have to change to make you BOTH come to an agreement??

Old 01-29-2014, 11:13 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddev1l View Post
How am I stringing her along if I have stated clearly that at this point I am not sure about marrying her? You women lashing out at me need to pay closer attention to what I have posted!!

So is it better to make a rushed decision into marriage and then divorce in 5-10 years? Then how many years are wasted?
Just because you've told her that you're not sure about marrying her doesn't mean you're NOT stringing her along. Maybe you haven't broken up with her because maybe you don't want to be alone and she seems willing to stick around thinking one day you'll decide?

How much time do you need to figure out if you want to marry her or not? You've been with her for 2 years and as you said, 6-7 months of those 2 years have "rifts".

You're 39, not 19. I think you just don't want to get married at all, and that's fine. And if that's the case then just tell her it has nothing to do with HER.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddev1l View Post
No. Tell her you won't marry her. Period. Then she can decide to leave or stay.

Your statement "NOT SURE" keeps her hopes up.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
She wants marriage.
You don't.

PLEASE set her free to find someone she can happily marry!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I just peeked at your posting history...I thought you looked familiar.

It seems to me that you are really trying to convince yourself that she is not the right one for you so that you feel justified in leaving. The fact that she doesn't want to move, your mother doesn't like her...etc. You also expressed guilt over leaving her because she told you she couldn't imagine life without you.

Look, you are not doing yourself any favors here. It is plainly obvious that marriage is not what you want with this girl, meanwhile she's considering marriage and family with you.

I think you know what YOU want. It's not selfish and while it might suck and you may feel guilty about breaking it off, I think you will really start to resent her if things continue and nothing is addressed between the two of you. Not every relationship is going to work. It's easy to stay, harder to leave, especially knowing you might break her heart. However, the longer this continues, the harder it's going to be on both of you.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
If your gf is looking for marriage, I think she is a fool to stay in a relationship this long, with a man your age, who still has no idea whether or when, if ever, he wants to get married. However, she is the one who should have made the decision to break up for that reason. If you want to break up, do it for your own reasons -- not to "set her free" so that she can find someone else. She is old enough to make her own decisions about whether she wants to be free of you or not.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
We women say make up your mind already. You're either in or you're out. Anything less and you're stringing her along.

Tell you what, we've already assessed the situation and can universally and clairvoyantly discern this won't end well.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM

79 posts, read 139,788 times
You know what... there are people who have even backed out of engagements. So the insinuation here is that all these people were stringing their partners along? What about those that stay in marriages for years in an unhappy state?

Sometimes things happen along the way to cause you to change your mind. And just because there are rifts in the relationship does not mean you have to end it without trying to resolve the rifts.

And just because one is not ready to marry their partner does not mean they do not want to be in the relationship or that they care about their partner any less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships