Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think the opposite is true. It's an opportunity for you to demonstrate you are not a jerk by staying with her and working with her on her weight. If you are willing to do that.
I'm no captain save-a-ho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 10:41 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,043,938 times
Quote:
You're also basing your position on a lot of ignorant assumptions. Being direct is fine, but it helps when one does so from an informed point of view.
Disprove what I have written then instead of making empty useless statements about the validity of my points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What a kind and compassionate way to speak to someone you care about.
What if I said my sweet lovely water buffalo ?

I actually have an ex who I still talk to and she has put on some weight. I always taunted her to the point that she has cried once over it but guess what it got her into the gym finally. And she is now dropping the extra weight and she thanks me all the time for getting her back to her senses.

Now she can probably find an attractive guy to marry in the future instead of some bloke who settled for a fat girl. I said to her...hey wish you would lose the weight so I can have my eye candy back. The shaming worked and got her on track.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm no captain save-a-ho.
Believe you me, I wouldn't mistake you for anyone remotely interested in making the hard choice for someone you love. Based on what I've read from you, the easy way out is your first recourse. No, my comment was directed at the OP, who is working through a major decision point right now. At least he appears to be trying to work through the challenges of his relationship, even if he concludes ending he relationship is the right decision.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Believe you me, I wouldn't mistake you for anyone remotely interested in making the hard choice for someone you love. Based on what I've read from you, the easy way out is your first recourse. No, my comment was directed at the OP, who is working through a major decision point right now. At least he appears to be trying to work through the challenges of his relationship, even if he concludes ending he relationship is the right decision.
Why because he has standards? I can understand his position. Why should I get with a woman that doesn't have her **** together when I CAN BE WITH A WOMAN WHO HAS IT TOGETHER? Does it make any logical sense?!?!!?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:53 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Problem is I have to pay higher insurance premiums because of the fatties and have to endure this fat is beautiful bull****.

"Honey, have you looked in the mirror lately?

no?

Offcourse not!

You look like the damn water buffalo I just saw on national geographic.

Why don't drop that bread and butter and get your fat buffalo ass in the gym"

Lmao. Your pretty direct huh? Honestly I would have a difficult time staying with a man that gained 20 or more pounds, especially if they were already overweight. It's a different matter if they gained 5-10 pounds, over the course of several years and it was gradual. If there is a sudden weight gain and it's a large amount then a person has every right to lose attraction and can be grounds to separate if the problem is not resolved over a period of time.

But I don't know anyone who says that fat is beautiful. Lately the new thing or trend is that plus-size women are real woman, or are beautiful. But that's the extent that I've heard about overweight=attractive.

I've never really heard a person say that being fat is beautiful.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:55 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddev1l View Post
I understand this but in the past she has said that there were jerks that did not date her because of her weight. Well, guess what... if I bring it up then what does that make me in her eyes? Using her previous statement I guess she will see me as a jerk then for conditionally being with her only based on her weight? If I lose her respect then I guess that will come back to haunt me.
Well, to be honest, you sound far more preoccupied with weight than I ever would be. There's nothing wrong with wanting a fit partner. But if her weight is so important to you that it cancels out the value of everything else about her, then you sort of are a jerk, at least by her definition. If you honestly can't help it, own up to it.

Quote:

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Disprove what I have written then instead of making empty useless statements about the validity of my points.
You're starting from the assumption that all overweight people lack self control and are stupid and lazy. That you buy into this assumption tells me you lack the critical thinking capacity to even have an intelligent discussion on the issue, an idea supported by subsequent posts seemingly added for shock value.

There are a lot of overweight people out there and to assume their stories are all the same, that being laziness and lack of self control, is ignorant. Their stories are as varied as the individuals themselves. A smart person can readily acknowledge this and will consider all the variables. And idiot will put his stupidity on blast for all the world to see. Like you did.

(Straightforward and bold: just the way you like it!)

Old 01-31-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You're starting from the assumption that all overweight people lack self control and are stupid and lazy. That you buy into this assumption tells me you lack the critical thinking capacity to even have an intelligent discussion on the issue, an idea supported by subsequent posts seemingly added for shock value.

There are a lot of overweight people out there and to assume their stories are all the same, that being laziness and lack of self control, is ignorant. Their stories are as varied as the individuals themselves. A smart person can readily acknowledge this and will consider all the variables. And idiot will put his stupidity on blast for all the world to see. Like you did.

Overweight people don't lack self control? Stupid and lazy were your own additions to my argument not mine. You are the one that is trying to counter something I have said but have added no reason behind your objections. You just keep going on like a broken record about the same thing over and over again.

You can call me whatever you would like it doesn't bother me how you label me. I don't seek validation from anyone on here. Strong ad hominem by the way

Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Well....If I marry a woman who was in shape, worked out all the time and ate right, and that all changed after the vows, she literally is changing who she is and who I married. Divorce would not be my first recourse and yes I would try to help, but in the end, it's on her. If she doesn't care enough about the marriage to stay attractive, then I don't care enough to stay in it.

I guess that's the easy way out, instead of being miserable and not holding a woman responsible for her decisions, but I guess that's the American way now. USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships