Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 AM

32,707 posts, read 48,291,572 times

Advertisements

I'm going to interpret that to mean that women are attracted to rugged and men are attracted to rich.

I've got two different UPS drivers that come to my place. One is a middle aged woman and the other is a rather fat middle aged man. The vehicle looks like a big ugly colored brown box. But, hey, people are attracted to different things. I assume that anyone who is attracted to a UPS van is a fan of King Of Queens.

My local UPS drivers both have nice personalities, though. Maybe that makes the van look better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,253,213 times
I don't think it's the vehicle one drives but rather the person driving it.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM

102,272 posts, read 108,324,694 times
You don't fall in love with the guy's car, you're attracted to the person. Polls/ratings like that are an extension of the auto industry's marketing technique to men: always advertise your wares with a hot woman in the photo. In this way, the not-too-bright men will come to associate cars with women, and will draw the conclusion that the type of car they have is crucial to attracting a mate.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:11 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,459,581 times
Articles like this make me question if I'm really a woman. I have all the right parts, but apparently not all the right wiring.

I grew up in a Chevy household so I would not have voted for Ford.

My late hubby drove a "death trap" as he called it (Honda CR-X) when we met. That became a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which briefly became a Acura TL (I believe), which ultimately became a 2006 BMW 325i. None were black.

I had a red 1993 Toyota Tercel, which became a dark purple 2000 Hinda Civic, which became a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer, which became the BMW after he died and is now a 2010 Mazda3. The only common denominator in any of these cars are that the Lancer, BMW and Mazda are all the same color. So, apparently, a guy driving a dark grey sedan is most likely to turn my head.

I felt when I had the BMW it was never really me and that it gave people the wrong impression about me. The Lancer and now the Mazda are so much more me!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM

432 posts, read 492,732 times
Ha ha. Lies. I owned a Viper for years, and Lotus for a couple after that. We had this discussion in the automobile section already. Women don't care in the least about cars. Straight guys, on the other hand, will hound you every time you park.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM

102,272 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
Ha ha. Lies. I owned a Viper for years, and Lotus for a couple after that. We had this discussion in the automobile section already. Women don't care in the least about cars. Straight guys, on the other hand, will hound you every time you park.
Finally, a guy who gets it!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,817,454 times
Of course people don't care about cars when it comes to real attraction... I get the impression a lot of you are taking the article way too seriously although it clearly says "not scientific" and where I said not to take this seriously (but it was kind of an interesting trivial insight). And you are completely ignoring where people said what really matted to them is that the person had a clean and reliable car more than actual type of car and such. Oh well, so much for a light hearted thread. At least we had fun with the UPS truck attraction factor

Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,967,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
How right you are. Go to any Cars and Coffee and a quick assessment of male-to-female ratio will show that guys are (for the most part) obsessed with cars and most women couldn't care less. After 2.5 years, I still can't get my wife interested enough to come with me to see the lime-green Can Am or the gorgeous white/blue stripe GT500.

That's also why she can't tell the difference between my XFR and the neighbor's Maxima.

--Dim

Old 01-30-2014, 02:04 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,391,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Finally, a guy who gets it!
I drive a BMW M6 and Porsche 977 and never once gotten approached by a women, just guys. So what car/s you role in have absolutely nothing to do with getting a woman/mate; its the money in which you bought it they're interested in, LoL j/k

Now, my "grocery getter" (Mini Cooper S) and motorcycle/s Ive got compliments from a few gals.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,957,973 times
I don't get much attention in my vehicle now, since many have them. But I did get a lot of looks......from women o_O in my sports car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships