Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times

Advertisements

"It just happened"...like the virgin birth.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to know.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
"It just happened"...like the virgin birth.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to know.
Yep.

I get so sick of that comment. It's usually accompanied by, "One thing led to another...," "the next thing I knew..." and the famous, "...our clothes came off."

As if people have NO CONTROL over their actions.

Also, alcohol does not exempt you.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:00 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep.

I get so sick of that comment. It's usually accompanied by, "One thing led to another...," "the next thing I knew..." and the famous, "...our clothes came off."

As if people have NO CONTROL over their actions.

Also, alcohol does not exempt you.

Yep, passive voice is intentionally designed to shirk responsibilities.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:40 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Yep, passive voice is intentionally designed to shirk responsibilities.
I think I would have been a bit more understanding if the OP had said, "I met a really hot guy and I had sex with him" because [reasons/excuses follow].

Old 02-01-2014, 04:04 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
The reason why cheating in a relationship is "wrong" is because it's unethical. Ethics are about mainly treating people fairly and treating them how you would like to be treated. Not about "technically" meeting some arbitrary standard, by timing your actions(not by doing the right thing and then deceiving other people so they treat you fairly but you don't do the same. You haven't treated your boyfriend fairly and you should just admit to yourself that acted unethically and are just manipulating superficial sequences of events to convince yourself you acted ethically and treated your boyfriend fairly. You did not, are not and that's just the way it is.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
In my opinion it's suited to keep quiet as you two weren't together when it happened so your sexual activities are none of his business outside of being STD/STI free. So get a STD/STI test and once you're in the clear keep your lips zipped on this matter.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:29 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieSJ View Post
I thought for a long time about this and I decided "not to tell" my boyfriend for a bunch or reasons.

First of all, like Momentus said, we actually were on a break and I was single during that time and a single woman (or man) is allowed to do as she wants. How do I know for sure the HE didn't go and have sex?

Second, contrary to what some people here said, I did not go on a break so I could go and sleep with some other guy. I wasn't looking fo it. It just happened that night - I was with some friends and the guy and I just started talking.

Third, I think that by telling my boyfriend, it would do more harm than good. He really is the one for me and I don't want to hurt him. So I think letting sleeping dogs lie is the best way to go.

Finally, the other guy really meant nothing. I got caught up in the moment and things happened that I regret. As a matter of fact, the other guy actually texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to get together. I answered no and told him not to text me again.

My boyfriend has not really been himself these past couple of days and asked all sorts of questions but I am focusing on making him feel good and have apologized over and over abou tnot believing him when this all started. And yes, I was stupid to believe my ex girlfriend's comments over my boyfriend's.

Awesome update.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Awesome update.

Hopefully she never runs into the guy when she's with her BF. Awkward to say the least. Things have a way of happening like that

Old 02-01-2014, 05:53 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Quote:
I thought for a long time about this and I decided "not to tell" my boyfriend for a bunch or reasons.

First of all, like Momentus said, we actually were on a break and I was single during that time and a single woman (or man) is allowed to do as she wants. How do I know for sure the HE didn't go and have sex?

Second, contrary to what some people here said, I did not go on a break so I could go and sleep with some other guy. I wasn't looking fo it. It just happened that night - I was with some friends and the guy and I just started talking.

Third, I think that by telling my boyfriend, it would do more harm than good. He really is the one for me and I don't want to hurt him. So I think letting sleeping dogs lie is the best way to go.

Finally, the other guy really meant nothing. I got caught up in the moment and things happened that I regret. As a matter of fact, the other guy actually texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to get together. I answered no and told him not to text me again.

My boyfriend has not really been himself these past couple of days and asked all sorts of questions but I am focusing on making him feel good and have apologized over and over abou tnot believing him when this all started. And yes, I was stupid to believe my ex girlfriend's comments over my boyfriend's.

You could have made it much shorter by simply typing............." I was justified "

That's the crux of your post.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:56 PM

37 posts, read 42,766 times
Quote:

Don't try to make this about you trying to not hurt his feelings by telling the truth. The reason you don't want to tell him is because you don't want to lose him.

If you didn't want to hurt him you would have done some fact checking before "going on a break."

If you didn't want to hurt him you wouldn't have slept with some random guy, multiple times, days after "going on a break."

You not telling him is selfishness, pure and simple. Its all about you and probably always has been. It seems, to me, that you view him only as a possession and not as a partner. Hopefully, one day, this poor guy can extricate himself from this farce of a relationship and get together with someone who really does care for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships