Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:06 PM

n/a posts

Advertisements

Lol women talk to animals a lot.. what's up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 04:29 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
She has to be intelligent, self confident, honest, able to communicate, have a better out look on life than I do, enjoy sex, and gently push me to have fun, (I forget to do that sometimes). Other than that, I think everything else would just be icing on the cake.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Actually this honestly really boils down to...

How good you can cook...
How much sex you give us...
And no nagging

Do those 3 things and you will never have a guy leave you or stray.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:21 PM

586 posts, read 831,099 times
Made me laugh.
Attracted me.
Liked me.

That's about it really.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
She has to be intelligent, self confident, honest, able to communicate, have a better out look on life than I do, enjoy sex, and gently push me to have fun, (I forget to do that sometimes). Other than that, I think everything else would just be icing on the cake.
Sounds like you're looking for a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which could be potentially unhealthy. What I mean by that term (it's a recent internet trope), is that you're looking for a girl to drag you out of your shell or spice up your life, instead of doing it yourself. I used to also desire this sort of relationship, someone to brighten up my otherwise serious, introverted and intellectual life. However the reason this rarely if ever works is that denies the agency of the person in question; she will always feel like you're expecting her to live up to a certain expectation and she'll tire of it at some point.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:42 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Single.
No children.
Cute. (Which is hugely subjective, I know)
Not fat.
Independent.
Intelligent.
Not a religious freak.

Which is apparently asking for a lot. If I had some actual experience I might be able to give some more must haves, but I don't and can't.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Sounds like you're looking for a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which could be potentially unhealthy. What I mean by that term (it's a recent internet trope), is that you're looking for a girl to drag you out of your shell or spice up your life, instead of doing it yourself. I used to also desire this sort of relationship, someone to brighten up my otherwise serious, introverted and intellectual life. However the reason this rarely if ever works is that denies the agency of the person in question; she will always feel like you're expecting her to live up to a certain expectation and she'll tire of it at some point.
YEAH! The Duck gets it! I actually had a gf like that once--expected me to keep her amused. I'm nobody's court jester. But we can have a blast, if you'll meet me half way.

Otherwise, I thought grump's criteria were pretty good.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:17 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times
Christian

Can Cook

Do House and Vehicle Repairs

Can Hunt, Fish clean her own Game

Race, Looks not Important but must like Sex

brushrunner

Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I've never had a requirement list. She just needs to not have my deal breakers and be a good hearted woman.

Most other things are pretty negotiable.

Well..i guess if there's one requirement I do like that might trump most other things: She must have pretty eyes. That doesn't mean she has to wear make up, but her eyes must not look like they are drooping downward.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:12 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Fair enough observation. I'm not ready to date yet, so that is good food for thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships