Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,610,483 times

Advertisements

Dtf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 11:56 AM

31,245 posts, read 22,246,811 times
For whatever reason I have never found all of the qualities that I need in one woman and apparently you can't make one from 2 or 3.

My female equal
Very easy going
Smart- Some education combined with common sense and a little street smarts.
Great conversationalist and can make me laugh
Attractive to me-Pretty eyes, smile and face with some curves are good.
Loves to kiss
Great hygene
Decent income. Doesn't have to be as high as mine but at least 1/2.
Centrist political leanings.
Very healthy
Knows how to dress for the occasion
Knows what she wants sexually, but curious and willing to explore.
Someone who is not over committed in their personal live.
Someone who limits drama filled friends or family into their life

Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM

26,706 posts, read 41,855,063 times
Completely independent, not over religious, not stupid as . Everything else is negotatible.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:16 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,253,833 times
no kids and she not be fat.

Not a lot of women meet my simple criteria

Old 02-03-2014, 01:56 PM

31,245 posts, read 22,246,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Completely independent, not over religious, not stupid as . Everything else is negotatible.
Forgot to add that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post

Crazy woman with Aids would be ok?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:13 PM

11,829 posts, read 12,089,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Sounds like you're looking for a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which could be potentially unhealthy. What I mean by that term (it's a recent internet trope), is that you're looking for a girl to drag you out of your shell or spice up your life, instead of doing it yourself. I used to also desire this sort of relationship, someone to brighten up my otherwise serious, introverted and intellectual life. However the reason this rarely if ever works is that denies the agency of the person in question; she will always feel like you're expecting her to live up to a certain expectation and she'll tire of it at some point.
I learned something new today!

But you're right, no one wants to be the MPDG to anyone else. It puts an unfair burden on that person to entertain you, or try to make you be something you're not, or at least, burden them with the effort of making you be all you can be. And the focus becomes on what they're doing or not doing for you instead of what you need to do for yourself. When you're not happy, it's because your MPDG didn't bring it out of you.

If only more people would see that the responsibility for their own happiness and interests in life has to come from within, then maybe we'd see more successful relationships (and less complaining on the internet!)

Old 02-03-2014, 04:59 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post

Idk, these are basics, right?

The one thing on my list these days is this; I should be able to love her and she, me.

But yeah...eligible bachelorettes...the truth is, I know they're out there...but I've isolated myself from other women for so long that it's hard to know who they are anymore.

But, yes, she should be eligible. Healthy, no kids, willing to be tied down. Those are the basics of eligibility IMO...

Also...nice. I've never been attracted to mean people, and I've lost attraction to women simply because they were mean.

Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 AM

18 posts, read 48,985 times
My requirements

Any woman at all that is even slightly interested in me. I'm 31 and have no experience with women, give me a break (or a woman).

Old 03-22-2016, 03:37 AM

8 posts, read 6,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Men stereotypically don't make lists of what they want in a woman (they just want "physically attractive," receptive, and "not insane"). But I can't be the only one who has made mental or written lists. Please describe yours, including how they have changed over time and whether they've helped you.
The reason why men end up with substandard women is because they don't make lists. If more men took some time to think about what standards they want in a woman, more men would end up with higher quality women.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:10 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,974,937 times
Beautiful too me , that's all that counts. I do be leave life is all about attraction, I am proof positive of that, as I have felt the feeling over and over, and I know they did too, for the most part. The ladies I had close encounters with over the years , I knew a relationship was about too be, like a light switch being turned on.

Looking back I am sure there was a common attraction, it's hard to describe, but I know it when I see it.....even today so many years after.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships