Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, jeez, I hate miniature golf! But that's just me. We don't know what the OP's girl likes. But for an exciting change of pace, he could take her to a shooting range or archery range, instead of golf. Some women love riflery, you'd be surprised. Or take her duck hunting. Then you can cuddle in the duck blind.

OK, never mind. Just forget I said anything.

Take a lady to skyzone you can bounce on trampolines.

Fun for her, fun view for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
Oh, jeez, I hate miniature golf! But that's just me. We don't know what the OP's girl likes. But for an exciting change of pace, he could take her to a shooting range or archery range, instead of golf. Some women love riflery, you'd be surprised. Or take her duck hunting. Then you can cuddle in the duck blind.

OK, never mind. Just forget I said anything.
if she isn't comfortable with a gun she will HATE that date!

Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

Take a lady to skyzone you can bounce on trampolines.

Fun for her, fun view for him.
YESS! Trampolines! Fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli;
if she isn't comfortable with a gun she will HATE that date!
Right, good point. So he should offer a choice; shooting range or golf. Or gallery-hopping. There. That should cover it.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,480 times
Very good point about the comfort level. I had several girlfriends that were uncomfortable about the fact that I carry a firearm with me.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
Very good point about the comfort level. I had several girlfriends that were uncomfortable about the fact that I carry a firearm with me.
You mean the kind you wear? Even though I like riflery, I'm not as comfortable with handguns, especially the concealed kind. idk why. Just one of those things.

OK, back to topic...

Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
You mean the kind you wear? Even though I like riflery, I'm not as comfortable with handguns, especially the concealed kind. idk why. Just one of those things.

OK, back to topic...
Years ago, I had a buddy that was in a certain branch of law enforcement and carried a fire arm at all times.

It's a little scary when you're out for a boys night out getting hammered and someone's packing heat..........

Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
One of the BEST winter time dates I have had the pleasure of going on.. We packed a lunch box lunch and took an afternoon rock climbing class at a local climbing gym.

There is always bowling if you and her are on the same skill level.

My area has a couples painting class on Friday evenings, another place does a couples pottery class.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:

OK, back to topic...
I'm pretty solid with a pistol and okay with a rifle. My wife and I have gone on "range dates" a few times now. Thing is, the first time we did it, it was her idea because she wanted to learn how to shoot a pistol or revolver. Pick of the litter, I tell you!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Yawn..make sure to go mini golfing, because its the only thing you can do on a date. Its never been done before. Dude, just relax and go out and have fun. Its not that big of a deal what you do

Old 02-01-2014, 08:42 AM

35 posts, read 69,594 times
Thanks for all the good ideas! Like I said before, and unfortunately, the weather is not really good to do something outside. I'm looking at going to a concert (standing, yep that was good music) as something different as well, but the show isn't for a few days. I want to see her sooner, so that's why I threw in the movie. Is it okay to do the museum and walk thing on the 5th date or so, and then invite her over so I can cook her dinner? I think they have an ice skating ring. Winter dating sucks...I loving doing hiking and outdoors stuff in the summer! I guess I gotta get more creative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships