Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 12:29 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And that is your perogative, of course.

I can't imagine this sort of thing happens in a healthy, open, honest relationship all that often, but if people enjoy getting riled up at this imaginary woman, then they should go for it!

Neither do I. It does probably happen with ONS, hook ups, short term relationships though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If a woman doesn't want a kid, why doesn't she get her tubes tied?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think probably easier to get a V, but IDK, I haven't done a study. I know women I have talked to have a hard time getting a tubal. I really don't talk to young guys about that.
It took me about 10 years to find a doctor willing to tie my tubes, and I've been firmly adamant since I was 16 that I did not want children. I was the oldest girl of 5 and spent too much of my childhood, adolescence, and even early 20s helping to raising my younger siblings. I had a pretty good idea of the amount of work involved in child-rearing -- I've joked before that I'd already raised a family by the time I got to college.

But for years, doctors denied my request because I was too young, didn't have children, and they were concerned I might regret it. I finally got my tubal approved by pulling a favor with a friend of a friend who worked for the doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Although I always knew they were laws like that out there, I didn't realize how many states had them! I don't think rapists should have any child visitation rights. Unless the guy is being charged with rape of his wife in which case there should be an exception.
Why on earth should there be an exception for that? Rape is rape.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:45 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I just briefly saw the short cliff on the abortion argument scene. If I were her and dealing with a man like that, I would have left it off at abortion and wait till he was calmer, not really tell it the way she was saying it. That's really asking for trouble, considering how a man can strongly react to that sensitive topic. I already notice that man's eyes getting bigger, that was a warning sign for Kay. Why did Kay go on?? It was bad enough to say ''Michael it wasn't a marriage, it was an abortion''. I wouldn't have said more.
I agree with you. She knew he was the don of a mafia family and had people killed, for crying out loud. Yet it didn't occur to her that he was capable of violence against her. That is naive.

Even if he wasn't already a criminal, yeah, don't egg on a man like that. Maybe she thought he'd actually understand why she did it??? No way.
If she really cared about his understanding, she would've told him before she did it. Now in the context of this movie, it wouldn't have worked since we know the Michael Corleone character would never have accepted it. But in real life, it may be different.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
It took me about 10 years to find a doctor willing to tie my tubes, and I've been firmly adamant since I was 16 that I did not want children. I was the oldest girl of 5 and spent too much of my childhood, adolescence, and even early 20s helping to raising my younger siblings. I had a pretty good idea of the amount of work involved in child-rearing -- I've joked before that I'd already raised a family by the time I got to college.

But for years, doctors denied my request because I was too young, didn't have children, and they were concerned I might regret it. I finally got my tubal approved by pulling a favor with a friend of a friend who worked for the doctor.

Why on earth should there be an exception for that? Rape is rape.
Rape is rape but come on it's your goddamn husband. He should be able to see his kid...

A random rapist or what not SHOULD NOT have any rights to the child.

There is a difference between the random rapist and someones husband. Besides I am pretty sure this whole husband rape fiasco is more of feminist induced paranoia. I have never heard of it happening other than a few news stories sprinkled here and there.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:59 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post

There is a difference between the random rapist and someones husband. Besides I am pretty sure this whole husband rape fiasco is more of feminist induced paranoia. I have never heard of it happening other than a few news stories sprinkled here and there.
Really, the women in your life don't confide in you about being raped? That's really surprising.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Really, the women in your life don't confide in you about being raped? That's really surprising.

I'm perplexed on his understanding of the word feminist, myself.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
We have been over this before, I have had more than just a few women tell me their "rape" stories. In some cases I did some research into what they told me because I wouldn't believe someone would use that word lightly. Pretty much it was a lie just for attention seeking and I have seen 2 ends of this whole thing. I have personally seen my friends act all flirty and then drink and sleep with a guy. Completely consensual in my book, it was just that they had some buyers remorse or they didn't want to seem like sluts. And I have had a girl pull this **** on me after I was the one drunk and throwing up and she made a move on me and I pushed her off. Later she told her friends I took advantage of her....her friends actually confronted me but luckily I had people with me who were present in the room and they told them the truth. That girl is now actually seeing a shrink cause she has got lots of issues in her life.

Now I know you people like to get all emotional about this issue so I am going to say this and clarify it before I get jumped on here. Rape is wrong but they are certain, specifically young women that abuse this and make a mockery of it for women that were actually raped. When the accusation alone comes up it can ruin a guys life completely even if the girl was the one who lied and it was proven he was not guilty. The accusation is enough!

Also this is bull**** that they even have the audacity to make a mockery out of something very serious just for attention/avoiding the **** label. And this whole thing about getting drunk and sleeping with guys. Well unless the girl is black out drunk I don't buy that drunk sex isn't consensual if both parties are drunk. If the girl says no or tries to push the guy off or tries to stop it then it is NOT CONSENSUAL. This is not a black and white issue when we talk about alcohols involvement. If you don't believe that this actually happens I can give you tons of articles about this and even some where the guy served time only for the girl to later admit it was consensual.

As a man I save all texts and information just in case and try to have plenty of witnesses. I would never take advantage of a woman or have unconsensual sex.

Last edited by hooplaman; 02-06-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 01:13 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
The more you post the more you sound like a boy with little actual life experience.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
The more you post the more you sound like a boy with little actual life experience.
Just because you don't agree with my viewpoints.

I see you resort to ad hominem since you have nothing to contribute.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Sadly, I think he does have some points there. It never made sense to me that if both parties are drunk (which often happens) how the consent works. If neither can give consent (legally) are they raping each other if they have sex? I went out with a friend last Saturday (a FWB) and we drank quite a bit (too much, ugh), did we co-rape each other after?

Sketchy area and not really talked about. Admittedly, it is hard to talk about as it is an emotionally charged topic.

(I don't do drunken random hook ups anymore out of fear of this... and well, it doesn't come up much now that I'm older)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships