Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Well, the whole "giving access to their bodies" thing is not exactly how I look at it, like my vagina is some vault or treasure box to be granted to a man like a gift after he sits there panting for it. Sex is something I want, too. And being willing to "share my body" does not mean I am willing to be pregnant. Regardless, I already addressed why someone would want to go behind a partner's back on the first page of this thread. These things just don't happen out of the blue. The relationships were probably already in trouble.

Also if you read the post I was referring to, he said no abortion should ever take place without both parties at the very least informed.

Or what if a woman is raped? The rapist is supposed to have some kind of input into the process? He should have some say over what she does with a pregnancy that was forced upon her against her will?

Honestly, the disregard for women, their bodies, and their health and well-being that is required to make such a statement defies categorization.
Well, first off, we will have to make it a law that rapists leave their contact information with their victim so she can consult him if she decides to abort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:30 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
I can think of any word to imagine how this guy in the story must now be feeling. The woman had an abortion behind his back. She acted as if nothing happened and informs him about it 3 days later what she did.

Moderator cut: competing forum

Same for this guy, whom his wife aborted the baby without informing him and he seems pissed off:
Wife aborted baby without my knowledge...I'm so angry, what should I do? - Yahoo Answers

This must really suck. If the man does wants the baby (I think it's because very little is mentioned about male attachment towards the baby), the woman is fully aware of this but still aborts the baby behind his back and comes home telling him the baby is dead because she had an abortion.
If the guy knows about the abotion of that leady, then we can forget tht leady. If he dosen't know about this so he can't forget those leady. Because if they are in commited relation so that leady dosen't have right to do this kind of steps.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:37 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Would have to leave the girl because the going behind my back aspect is too much for me. Why would anyone want to be with a woman that is capable of doing that to her SO.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:53 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Yes. He reacted well. He understood that the decision was the right one and was one I would have made in any circumstance.
Its good he reacted well. I just don't think I would even tell after the fact unless it were a good committed relationship and then I would hope I could tell him beforehand.

I have always made a point to tell any new lover before we ever had sex that in the near impossible event I did become pregnant I would get an abortion. So I figured that covered my arse as far as disclosure is concerned.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Would have to leave the girl because the going behind my back aspect is too much for me. Why would anyone want to be with a woman that is capable of doing that to her SO.
Why would any woman want to be with a man who thinks he should hold sway over what happens in her body?

Because that's what it boils down to. If a woman knows she definitely does not want to have a child, what would be the point of telling her partner? So he can try to coerce her?

Old 02-06-2014, 08:31 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Why would any woman want to be with a man who thinks he should hold sway over what happens in her body?

I never understood this either, but it happens.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Not going to happen. You can't force women to share that information. If you are that concerned about having to pay for a child you don't want, get a vasectomy. End of story.
If a woman doesn't want a kid, why doesn't she get her tubes tied?

Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Quote:

Because that's what it boils down to. If a woman knows she definitely does not want to have a child, what would be the point of telling her partner? So he can try to coerce her?
She could at least tell me she is doing it before she actually goes and does it. You are turning this into an argument that no one is arguing. Who the hell here is saying it isn't her body and her choice ultimately?

Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I have always made a point to tell any new lover before we ever had sex that in the near impossible event I did become pregnant I would get an abortion. So I figured that covered my arse as far as disclosure is concerned.
I did tell him that, as I tell every man I date.

"If I were to get pregnant, by some sort of miracle of science, I would abort"

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
She could at least tell me she is doing it before she actually goes and does it.

What would be the benefit in her doing so? I'm just curious.

If this is a deeply committed LTR, I think it may be a bad sign if she didn't communicate this with her partner, but otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships