Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, much of the advice here perpeptuates the 'Woman is a victim' attitude. I was raised that an adult woman is an equal and by saying she is someone to taken advantage of would imply she is less than that; I don't feed into it.

Whatever you end up doing take responsibilty for your own actions. Your an adult, I wouldn't judge you one way or another on your choice: Have your first experience with this guy "Good for you!". Save yourself for your One and only "Good for you!". Have drunken sex in a car for your first experience, sounds awkward to me but "Good for you!"

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-03-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:40 PM

202 posts, read 478,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yay!
Haha

Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
People will treat you the way you allow them to. In this scenario you are basically saying you are worth no more than a warm hole for a married guy who's a long way from his wife to stick it in. If he liked you, he could get a divorce and be your boyfriend. He doesn't like you. He just wants to use you for sex. Don't lower yourself to this. You will wind up with feelings for him, and feel very used when he is still in love with and married to his wife 6 months later.

P.S.-Women getting into bed with men unless they are planning on sex is a really dumb idea. It sends a confusing message. Do not get in bed with someone unless you are ready for sex.
I hear you, thanks for your input.

I don't see how it can be confusing to sleep in a same bed than a man if i'm sleeping in unflattering clothes, make up free, and that I'm basically on the other side of the bed

Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
At 24, I'd say you're due.

Make your decision based on what you really want. Nobody on this thread knows you or knows how you're feeling better than you.
What if I don't know what I want?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Well, if it's something you really want (to experience sex) then I guess someone you know, and are attracted to could help you with that...as long as you realize and accept that there can't/won't be any strings attached..there's nothing wrong with wanting to experience sex
It could be more rewarding for you though, if you waited, and found someone who cares about your brain as much as your body..and wants to love ALL of you....but that's really your choice..just be careful, and above all else love and respect yourself.
The thing is, now I'm ok with the no strings attached idea, but if I have sex with him, I don't know if my agreement to no strings attached will still work for me, that's the big reason why I have been hesitating. I'm having a hard time believing someone could possibly love me for me some day, that's just weird, and I don't want to end up 40 and still a virgin (no offense to anyone).

Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Unfortunately, much of the advice here perpeptuates the 'Woman is a victim' attitude. I was raised that an adult woman is an equal and by saying she is someone to taken advantage of would imply she is less than that; I don't feed into it.

Whatever you end up doing take responsibilty for your own actions. Your an adult, I wouldn't judge you one way or another on your choice: Have your first experience with this guy "Good for you!". Save yourself for your One and only "Good for you!". Have drunken sex in a car for your first experience, sounds awkward to me but "Good for you!"
Lol I want to remember it though

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He wants to have sex first, then talk about the rest of the stuff later?
Me too!

Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeitup View Post
Lol I want to remember it though
The car theme seem to be fairly common and I have heard of much worse from former gfs . My suggestion which only applies to me would be take the matter into your own hands. If you decide this is the one, control when, how and where it happens. I have only been with two Vs in my life and I was very slow and patient both times. It's about the best you can do unless she's been taking care of business with something else in the past.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-03-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
I was a virgin at 24. I was not in a rush to have sex at that age.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

This is a good point. Would the advice be the same if the OP was a 24 year old male virgin? I'm sure a lot more people would say go for it because we automatically assume men can easily separate emotion from sex so the experience won't leave any emotional scars. The OP just has to realize that regardless how she feels after sex, there is no future with this man because of his situation. If you are okay with that, go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships